buying condo

• 5 months later...

why would anyone given a choice not just buy in their own name? Thats one of the benefits of Condo ownership- freehold in your own name. I would never purchase a company condo- for what? Maybe if its absolutely unique but that seems unlikely.

Only places like Pattaya have issues with quota

• Like 2

On 3/16/2022 at 7:52 PM, alyx said:

why would it be more expensive than buying in a Thai name. There is no difference when it comes to the price per square metre, the official one as publicised by the Land Department.

The only "obstacle" is that the funds must be transferred from abroad.

As for "easier to sell", I do not understand it either as, whether you buy it from a Thai or a foreigner, it suffices that the foreigner quota has not been reached in order to buy when  non Thai National.

Of course if a foreigner holds the title deed, then one is sure to be in the quota. 

I'm just stating a fact that a condo in a foreigh name is worth more than in a Thai name because the market is bigger (supply and demand). I'm not going to school you on this, go and read it yourself.

6 minutes ago, ThaIrish Sean said:

I'm just stating a fact that a condo in a foreign name is worth more than in a Thai name because the market is bigger (supply and demand). I'm not going to school you on this, go and read it yourself.

Wow...where do you live ? How did you get this idea, I wonder. You are so totally wrong but as you have mentioned : no schooling

One thing though, quit reading and try to sell your "under a foreign nam" condo and make an opinion by yourself...you will be, no doubt, reconsidering your statement if not your belief ????

• Like 1

In a tourist town like Pattaya, a majority of buyers are foreigners, leaving an oversupply of units available for Thai buyers so developers offer discounts to make the Thai allocation units more attractive. 

Like the bloke above said...supply and demand. Are you getting it now?

• Like 1