Images show the exciting redevelopment of Hua Hin Railway Station

snoop1130

243503048_4691034664292394_5101814587926804158_n-696x392.jpeg

Images showing the exciting redevelopment of Hua Hin Railway Station have been shared on social media.

The striking designs were shared by Bangkok based engineering firm MAA Consultants Co., Ltd, last weekend (Oct 9) sparking much interest from people online.

The redeveloped railway station will be used for the new dual track rail line which is currently being constructed in Hua Hin.

Full Story: https://www.huahintoday.com/hua-hin-news/photos-images-show-the-exciting-redevelopment-of-hua-hin-railway-station/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2021-10-11

I love those old railway stations. Hua Lamphong in Bangkok, Chiang Mai railway station. Used to love taking the day train from BKK to CM and vice versa. But that was long ago, when they were still running on time, now they are always at least 2-3 hours behind schedule.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rudi49jr said:

I love those old railway stations. Hua Lamphong in Bangkok, Chiang Mai railway station. Used to love taking the day train from BKK to CM and vice versa. But that was long ago, when they were still running on time, now they are always at least 2-3 hours behind schedule.

Yes indeed and like yourself, I used to travel by train from Chiang Mai to Bangkok back in those days 20 years ago when there were no budget airlines at CNX -only expensive THAI Airways. The trains were always locomotive hauled carriages, no diesel multiple units. One of the pleasures for me was relaxing in the restaurant car enjoying a freshly cooked meal with a few beers!! Amazingly, the meals were prepared in woks over gas burners linked to gas cylinders in the wooden kitchen car with internal metal paneling!! I do not know if such trains operate today.

Photo taken at the old Bangkok Terminus.

Kitchen in the buffet Car on train at Hualamphong Railway Station Bangkok  Thailand Stock Photo - Alamy

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Yes indeed and like yourself, I used to travel by train from Chiang Mai to Bangkok back in those days 20 years ago when there were no budget airlines at CNX -only expensive THAI Airways. The trains were always locomotive hauled carriages, no diesel multiple units. One of the pleasures for me was relaxing in the restaurant car enjoying a freshly cooked meal with a few beers!! Amazingly, the meals were prepared in woks over gas burners linked to gas cylinders in the wooden kitchen car with internal metal paneling!! I do not know if such trains operate today.

Photo taken at the old Bangkok Terminus.

Kitchen in the buffet Car on train at Hualamphong Railway Station Bangkok  Thailand Stock Photo - Alamy

I like traveling by train a lot, it’s much more relaxed than going by bus (or plane). Have gone from Bangkok to Singapore and back a few times by train. The one way trip takes a few days, but if time is not an issue it’s very enjoyable, just to look at the scenery going by, shoot the breeze with your traveling companion(s), you can order food and drinks from the restaurant car, it’s like a little vacation! And I always sleep very well on trains, which is something that I can’t seem to do on a bus or a plane. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

And what happens to the charming, old, real Hua Hin railway station for which the Railway Hotel (now an Intercontinental) was named? Museum, like Hualamphong?

As far as I'm aware, the new development is going to replace the old station. If that is indeed the case then there is absolutely nothing "exciting" about it ????

• Sad 1