Phuket to scrap COVID tests for vaccinated local tourists

snoop1130

2 hours ago, it is what it is said:

fair point, possibly because international arrivals have been through busy airports and sitting in a confined space with other people for several hours. better to be safe than sorry.

that is a stretch - I am pretty sure anyone arriving no matter what mode of thransport had contact with someone ......................................either open up or don't it matters not a jot where they come from they should all be treated the same

• Confused 1

Phuket order confirms COVID tests for domestic tourists scrapped

By The Phuket News

1634007065_1-org.jpg

On of the notices issued last night explaining the new entry requirements to start this Saturday (Oct 16). Image: PR Phuket

PHUKET: Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew has issued a provincial order bringing into effect this coming Saturday (Oct 16) key easing of entry requirements for people entering Phuket that will see vaccinated visitors coming onto the island no longer having to prove they have tested negative for the COVID-19.

However, the waiving of the COVID test requirement applies to adults only. Children aged 6-18 years old who are unable to be vaccinated or are still waiting to receive a vaccination injection must still have evidence presented confirming that they have tested negative for COVID by RT-PCR or antigen test (ATK) method within seven days before arriving to enter Phuket.

The new easing of the COVID test requirement applies to visitors arriving at any port of entry to the island: by road via the Phuket Check Point at Tha Chatchai; by plane via Phuket airport; or by boat via any of the piers and ports on the island.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-order-confirms-covid-tests-for-domestic-tourists-scrapped-81678.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-10-12

11 hours ago, smedly said:

that is a stretch - I am pretty sure anyone arriving no matter what mode of transport had contact with someone ......................................either open up or don't it matters not a jot where they come from they should all be treated the same

Precisely.....It's more than likely that if they didn't arrive in Phuket with Covid they will leave with Covid! 

Also, this means that anyone who has been vaccinated can travel from the Deep South" without needing a PCR or ATK?

This is Songkran II (coming to venues near you) very soon!

image.jpeg.1fd5526fbc554731541bbb06a8f4ea87.jpeg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Phuket officials will consider people who have received one injection of Sinovac plus one injection of AstraZeneca as “fully vaccinated”.

And what is the result of their consideration?

Many have received this combination.

Totally confusing as this combination was on their list since long.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Image: PR Phuket

Wish I could find a readable version of the image.

Edited by KhunBENQ

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

And what is the result of their consideration?

Many have received this combination.

Totally confusing as this combination was on their list since long.

Wish I could find a readable version of the image.

They mean that they will treat them as though they are fully vaccinated. Nothing wrong with the usage of the word “consider” as far as I am concerned. I consider it to be clear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Phuket officials will consider people who have received one injection of Sinovac plus one injection of AstraZeneca as “fully vaccinated”.

Which is more than the authorities do for people entering Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/11/2021 at 9:34 AM, it is what it is said:

fair point, possibly because international arrivals have been through busy airports and sitting in a confined space with other people for several hours. better to be safe than sorry.

When I fly to Phuket from Bangkok, I always go through two busy airports and have to sit for long periods in a confined space while waiting to board and during the flight. 

On 10/11/2021 at 8:34 AM, damascase said:

Just wondering: if fully vaccinated domestic travellers don’t need a negative test result to enter Phuket, why do foreign arrivals continue to have to? What could be the logic - if any - behind that?

Please refrain from references to logic when posting to this forum.