Superman is Bisexual -- thanks but no thanks?

Jingthing

44 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Superman as bisexual is surely good for getting free publicity, but is it really good for actual LGBTQ people in most of the world? I think it's the opposite.

So thanks but no thanks.

Superman comics have been around since 1938, so he is still 99% straight historically ???? ????‍♂️

Diversity , change, wokeness,..  Humanity progresses in unknown ways

Evolution happens ????‍♂️

Appreciate your viewpoint as well.

Peace

Edited by Skallywag
  • Haha 1

First, this is Jon Kent, who is Clark Kent's son.

Superman is a title, not the characters name. The OG Superman's name is Kal-El aka Clark Kent.

Second, I guess a being from another planet, with godlike powers, that looks like the perfect vision of what a "man" is supposed to look like just HAS to be straight, right?

I don't know who's worse, the Super Wokes or the Super Jokes.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, HappyGoLuckyLife said:

First, this is Jon Kent, who is Clark Kent's son.

Superman is a title, not the characters name. The OG Superman's name is Kal-El aka Clark Kent.

Second, I guess a being from another planet, with godlike powers, that looks like the perfect vision of what a "man" is supposed to look like just HAS to be straight, right?

I don't know who's worse, the Super Wokes or the Super Jokes.

In case you weren't being sarcastic, no, he doesn't HAVE to be straight.

1 minute ago, HappyGoLuckyLife said:

And he should have been able to get that shirt.

I am the Papa, I will decide that .

I thought that it was quite subversive , getting Children to show alliance to a cause , when they have no idea what they are aligning themselves with  .

He liked the T-Shirt because it was colorful, rather that what it stood for and hes far too young to be making those decisions for himself 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, HappyGoLuckyLife said:

Exactly. He like the shirt simply for the color. It was YOUR insecurity that made the decision for him. As parents, sometimes we project our insecurities on our children, which only reinforces the negative habits we developed. It's a shirt. Nothing more.

Its a shirt showing support for the LBTG cause , something that he is unware of , so he would be showing support for the LBTG cause without realising it , so it would be subversion and exploitation . 

• Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Its a shirt showing support for the LBTG cause , something that he is unware of , so he would be showing support for the LBTG cause without realising it , so it would be subversion and exploitation . 

He would be wearing a shirt because he liked the colours. WE are the ones that make things bigger than what they need to be. Don't get me wrong, you're child, your rules, but it's you that has the problem with what the shirt represents, not your child. Your child sees a nice shirt with cools colours. Period.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

If its just the design, what if he saw a Swastika T-shirt and liked the design of that (Not that I'm equating the two causes) , should I buy him a Swastika T-shirt because he liked the colours and design ?

My argument is that he wouldn't know the history of the Swastika. He just sees it as a shirt he likes. We are the ones that put the connotation on it. And it's not like someone is trying to push an agenda. Again, it's a child liking a shirt. I don't know how old your child is, but maybe if he's old enough, talk to him about what you believe the shirt represents. I would take the same position with the Swastika.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Most people aren't bothered at all by this latest revelation.  The noise you hear is coming from the usual suspects on the far right.  These nutters have been around awhile and largely ignored, but were given voice during the Trump years.  They'll be back in their caves soon enough...once they realize that Dear Leader Trump is not coming back.  

They haven't gone away at all.

1 hour ago, HappyGoLuckyLife said:

My argument is that he wouldn't know the history of the Swastika. He just sees it as a shirt he likes. We are the ones that put the connotation on it. And it's not like someone is trying to push an agenda. Again, it's a child liking a shirt. I don't know how old your child is, but maybe if he's old enough, talk to him about what you believe the shirt represents. I would take the same position with the Swastika.

Please no swastikas. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Most people aren't bothered at all by this latest revelation.  The noise you hear is coming from the usual suspects on the far right.  These nutters have been around awhile and largely ignored, but were given voice during the Trump years.  They'll be back in their caves soon enough...once they realize that Dear Leader Trump is not coming back.  

Not Trump again, do try and forget about him, not everything revolves around Trump . 

Why dont the LBTG people invent their own superheroes , rather than taking straight peoples ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Not Trump again, do try and forget about him, not everything revolves around Trump . 

Why dont the LBTG people invent their own superheroes , rather than taking straight peoples ?

So LGBT people should be segregated as if they're not fully part of societies? 

How evolved of you.

In my OP I mentioned international backlash but as has been pointed out its in the US as well. Its interesting and frightening that anti LGBT  propaganda from Putin and the American largely trumpist pro autocracy right wing are identical.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, mike123ca said:

I always considered him as an illegal alien. He came to america without documentation.

Yes...if he came to Thailand he would be in the detention center by now having be thwarted by the immigration smart car driven by some Joker.