Seeking advice on elling land + house in Kamphaeng Phet province.

The (Thai) missus bought a 160 sqr Wha piece of land & built a small house (about 100 sq m) in a small village called ‘Bueng Samakkhi’ (Kamphaeng Phet province) back in 2009.

Nothing fancy, because the general idea was for the relatives to live there but for different reasons that is no longer happening.

Since we (me & the missus) relocated to Sweden just over two years ago we thought to try to sell it all (we’re under bo illusions that we would make any profit… it’s more to see what’s out there).

Any experience on how to best move forward? Contacting ‘any’ real estate agent or best of its local?

Anyone used an agent in Kamphaeng Phet perhaps?

Any advice welcome! Cheers 

6 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Contact head-of-village, he will normally know what's happening in a village and if someone might be interested, and give him the usual 3% commission if he can sort it all out.

Why would one find it necessary to extend any sort of percentage commission toward the Puu Yai for assisting in a societal/community manner? 

• Confused 2

Just let it be known that it is for sale in the village. Nearly everyone there will think they are real estate agents and want the 3% commission. There is one problem with this method that some of them will quote a a price to purchasers above what you ask for and then pocket the difference + the 3%.

• Like 1

2009, so the land has 12 yrs of appreciation.  Sorry, but I would expect a tidy profit, unless paid way too much when purchased.

The amphur / land office will tell you it's value.  The house, should recoup the cost, only due to inflation.

You should never lose money on RE, especially land here.  My experience anyway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Why would one find it necessary to extend any sort of percentage commission toward the Puu Yai for assisting in a societal/community manner? 

Because that is how it normally works in Thailand, with lots of small commissions everywhere...????

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

2009, so the land has 12 yrs of appreciation.  Sorry, but I would expect a tidy profit, unless paid way too much when purchased.

The amphur / land office will tell you it's value.  The house, should recoup the cost, only due to inflation.

You should never lose money on RE, especially land here.  My experience anyway.

Probably because it was overpriced in the first place. Don't understand people who buy land in the boonies

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Sametboy2019 said:

. Don't understand people who buy land in the boonies

Privacy ... I'm on my 3rd house, in the boonies, though 2 within 20kms of larger metro, new on, only 40k people in the whole amphur.

why besides privacy, land is a lot cheaper, and only negative, is when selling,  Buyer needs to be retired or have ties to the immediate area.

10 hours ago, jackdd said:

What's the problem with this, if you get what you ask for?

I've seen that done in the Bangkok condo market.

Seller wants 5million and the unscrupulous agent tells potential buyers 6million + the agreed upon commission....thus chasing off the buyers in the 5million bracket. 

A scumbag tactic and very typical.

Edited by LarrySR
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, jackdd said:

What's the problem with this, if you get what you ask for?

If you do not mind loosing buyers, no problem, except you do not get the money in your pocket as soon as you should. There are not hundreds of buyers out there unless it is a give-away.

5 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

Good to know you would be happy being shafted.

If you get what you want, you are not being 'shafted'.  My partner and I sold 2 condos in Rayong about 10 years ago this way.  At the time there was a very strong agent with a lot of Scandinavian buyers.  We listed our condos with him and he asked us what we wanted to net with each one--the amount of money we wanted to walk away with. 

We told him and in short order he found buyers for the first condo we had renovated and then the second one we bought and renovated about 6 months later.   When we told him our net price, we knew what we had spent and we had a good idea of what similar condos in the project were going for.   With both sales, we were quite happy to walk away with exactly the amount of money we told him we wanted to get. 

We made a quick profit on both and moved to Pattaya, where we still live.  Now, did the Rayong agent, perhaps, make more than the standard commission?  Probably.  Did we care then--or now?  Not in the least.  The name of the game for us at that time was to sell quickly, make a profit, and use the money to move on to the next project, usually slightly bigger.  Which we did. 

The three L`s

You're located Nakon No...where. 

Sadly, you may have to just walk away. 

Realestate is an amazing asset, you really need to switched on to master it. 

I bought my first house in pattaya 20 years ago. 

I've signed over a dozen housing and condo contracts here in pattaya (city side of Sukhumvit) over the years, sold a few over the years, always at a profit and always promptly. Never purchased on the dark side. 

To all interested in purchasing property, wherever in the world, never forget the three L's

Good luck 

On 10/15/2021 at 7:24 AM, brianthainess said:

Just checking So is that 640 sqr meters then. ??

No, 1 wah is 2m so a square-wah is 4sqm.

That said, it's odd that it's quoted in talang-wah rather than rai as 1 rai is 400 talang-wah. So he has 1.6 rai.

Could of course be a misunderstanding of Thai units.

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

No, 1 wah is 2m so a square-wah is 4sqm.

That said, it's odd that it's quoted in talang-wah rather than rai as 1 rai is 400 talang-wah. So he has 1.6 rai.

Could of course be a misunderstanding of Thai units.

Could be because some developers use that measure quite a lot.

Don't know what, if any communications have been made regarding sale of the property. If none then make representations to the effect that you're interested in purchasing property in that area.

The folks that contact you are potential agents for your cause.

160 Tarang Wah isn't a particularly large plot and the locals can all be aware of what you originally paid.