Transport options out of Phuket now.

scotinsiam

Hi guys, After I finish the 7 day sandbox I was thinking about traveling on to Suratthani / Samui and Hua Hin. I don't really want to fly if possible. Does anyone know of buses or minibuses that are traveling from Phuket just now? Probably would like to go to Suratthani initially.

Thanks

1 hour ago, skatewash said:

Thanks, I tried a few different dates and it says Panthip are the operators but no tickets available. Could be either website is not working or Panthip not working. Cheers

3 hours ago, scotinsiam said:

Thanks, I tried a few different dates and it says Panthip are the operators but no tickets available. Could be either website is not working or Panthip not working. Cheers

If it's not too inconvenient for you it might be good to visit Phuket Bus Terminal 2 (on Thepkrassatri in Ratsada) (or even the one downtown on Phang Nga Road - Bus Terminal 1).  I can imagine the busses might still be running despite tickets not being sold online.  Also, if the busses aren't running what better place for the minivan drivers to set up for business.  Good luck.

1 hour ago, skatewash said:

If it's not too inconvenient for you it might be good to visit Phuket Bus Terminal 2 (on Thepkrassatri in Ratsada) (or even the one downtown on Phang Nga Road - Bus Terminal 1).  I can imagine the busses might still be running despite tickets not being sold online.  Also, if the busses aren't running what better place for the minivan drivers to set up for business.  Good luck.

Thanks, I will be in Patong but I think you are right I will probably need to go to the station to find out what's going on. Cheers

1 minute ago, scotinsiam said:

Thanks, I will be in Patong but I think you are right I will probably need to go to the station to find out what's going on. Cheers

I don't know if the street-side travel agencies are open in Patong, but those people know a lot, and even if they can't sell you the bus tickets, they might know if the busses are really running or not, or they can find out for you.

• 2 weeks later...