red brown rooster

huuwi

hi all, finaly i got my little red browns in trang. it is like digging for gold. did cp do a lid on it to corner the market? now i try to find a rooster for the girls, but this is the next mission impossible here. anyone in the southern area who can direct me to get one?

thx

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, huuwi said:

Is it the headline that i dont get any replys?

Rhode island red rooster wanted.

thx.

Not many chicken guys around on here anymore.

Facebook might help if you use it.

Or try google and add thai visa forum at the end,it will bring up searches not available here.

Or maybe get a Mod to move to the plants and pet section for responses.

• Thanks 1

huuwi

Unfortunately you live to far away for me to be any help but I am curious as to what made you buy the Red hens.

I bought some to cross with our Thai chickens so I could get both eggs to eat and then sell any extra chickens.

The hens duly produced the eggs and for a while I had no issues selling the extra chickens but now none of the buyers around here want to buy the cross bred chickens they say they can't sell them as they are not "house" chickens and people reckon they don't taste as nice. As much as I try to explain that they free range all day and are only locked up at nighttime it doesn't matter so I have stopped hatching any more chickens. I will process the rest of them over time to eat ourselves.

Anyway I do have a couple of young half cross roosters that are about at the age where they chase the girls that if you were closer you could have for free if you came and collected them.  Good luck and I hope you find a rooster.

14 hours ago, OOTAI said:

huuwi

Unfortunately you live to far away for me to be any help but I am curious as to what made you buy the Red hens.

I bought some to cross with our Thai chickens so I could get both eggs to eat and then sell any extra chickens.

The hens duly produced the eggs and for a while I had no issues selling the extra chickens but now none of the buyers around here want to buy the cross bred chickens they say they can't sell them as they are not "house" chickens and people reckon they don't taste as nice. As much as I try to explain that they free range all day and are only locked up at nighttime it doesn't matter so I have stopped hatching any more chickens. I will process the rest of them over time to eat ourselves.

Anyway I do have a couple of young half cross roosters that are about at the age where they chase the girls that if you were closer you could have for free if you came and collected them.  Good luck and I hope you find a rooster.

Hi, thanks for your offer. i like the rhode islands red, had 300 of them 28 years ago and they cleaned up the whole 7 rai of rubber garden in no time. now we have a smaller plot, about 4 rai and do some fruit and pepper and some vegys. plan is to let the girls clean the weeds/gras. and yes i will protect the vegys, rest is already big enough, so no problem with the chicken. found a company who has roosters, a bit costly but hey let the girls have some fun too.