Mum, 71, is not sorry after stabbing her good-for-nothing, drunk son

webfact

6pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported that at 4.30 am yesterday the U-Thong, Suphanburi police and local rescue services were called to a house in the area after a man was stabbed.

Manoon, 47, was moaning and lying in a pool of blood with a wound to the right of his ribcage. A four inch fruit paring knife was found covered in blood and taken into evidence.

The person who stabbed him was his own mother, a 71 year old woman.

She said that her son was drunk and had been banging on about a load of nonsense and she had told him to go to bed as she had to get up for work in the morning.

Instead he entered her mosquito net as she slept and attempted to attack her with a fan.

She said she grabbed the knife that was lying about and stuck it into him.

She told investigators that she was not in the slightest bit sorry.

Her son was a perpetually drunk wastrel and good-for-nothing that she had looked after for nearly 50 years.

She surrendered to police and was taken away for prosecution. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2021-10-15

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

One of the huge issues here is the princely treatment given to boys. They are nothing special. On any level. Yet, the parents let them get away with nearly anything, and spoil them rotten.

What Thai parents need to start saying to their sons is this: You are nothing special. Your sister is as good as you, or better. She works harder, she is more ambitious and she does not take everything, and everyone for granted. So, until you prove to us, to the family, and to the community that you are special, by your deeds, actions, and hard work, you are not anything but a normal kid. Nothing more. 

My guess is there are alot of Thai parents who wonder later, where did I go wrong with my son, and why did he turn out to be so self entitled, so spoiled, so unwilling to put in a hard days work, and how did he become so rotten, and so undeserving of our care and protection?

Also, it is my observation that alot of parents seem to have lost the art of parenting. The child sort of becomes the boss. This is epidemic in Thai households with the sons, who are treated as if they are very special, when they are just ordinary boys, who have proven nothing to the world yet, as to their worthiness for adulation. As a result, children today are less self-reliant. Many preteen children don’t yet know how to be alone at bedtime and they haven’t been forced to learn. Parents band-aid the issue by allowing co-sleeping. 

The real attention, protection and prodding to succeed is directed at the girls. 

To be expected within the framework of a matriarchal and matrilineal culture.

8 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It is time that Thai parents (and not only Thai) realize that children learn from their parents and it depend very much on the parents how children grow up. And even after they are (physically) grown up a lot of their behavior still depends on hw they grew up.

Children don't just become responsible adults by themselves.

Why is that so hard to understand for many people?

And when they're wrapped in cotton wool and spoon fed even into adult hood the never leave the nest.

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It is time that Thai parents (and not only Thai) realize that children learn from their parents and it depend very much on the parents how children grow up. And even after they are (physically) grown up a lot of their behavior still depends on hw they grew up.

Children don't just become responsible adults by themselves.

Why is that so hard to understand for many people?

So, you are saying that she was a useless mother and she should expect such behavior from her son. How did you come to that conclusion?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nahkit said:

Really? Says that at 71 years of age she was still working, so if "monkey see, monkey do", why wasn't he?

Where does it say he wasnt working or what work the 71 year old did it could be house work. If not disciplined at early age ( and thai boy children are never ) also never taught what's  the right or wrong behaviour then it's bad parenting 

Now the poor woman will come back from the police station to see her house trashed and anything of value gone, as drunk son does 

still need money. Sad situation. As well did drunk son go to police station for assaulting his mother?

Geezer

3 hours ago, malthebluff said:

If not disciplined at early age ( and thai boy children are never ) also never taught what's  the right or wrong behaviour then it's bad parenting 

Don't know about that. My parents tried their very best to raise me and I turned out nothing like they expected.

This lady might well be a bad parent, but there's not enough info in the article to say that for sure.

16 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

One of the huge issues here is the princely treatment given to boys. They are nothing special. On any level. Yet, the parents let them get away with nearly anything, and spoil them rotten.

What Thai parents need to start saying to their sons is this: You are nothing special. Your sister is as good as you, or better. She works harder, she is more ambitious and she does not take everything, and everyone for granted. So, until you prove to us, to the family, and to the community that you are special, by your deeds, actions, and hard work, you are not anything but a normal kid. Nothing more. 

My guess is there are alot of Thai parents who wonder later, where did I go wrong with my son, and why did he turn out to be so self entitled, so spoiled, so unwilling to put in a hard days work, and how did he become so rotten, and so undeserving of our care and protection?

Also, it is my observation that alot of parents seem to have lost the art of parenting. The child sort of becomes the boss. This is epidemic in Thai households with the sons, who are treated as if they are very special, when they are just ordinary boys, who have proven nothing to the world yet, as to their worthiness for adulation. As a result, children today are less self-reliant. Many preteen children don’t yet know how to be alone at bedtime and they haven’t been forced to learn. Parents band-aid the issue by allowing co-sleeping. 

Add, some good research maybe 20 years ago which discovered 'Thai parents don't discipline their kids, especially their sons, because they fear if they do exercise discipline their kids won't love them'.

21 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Blame the parents.

In a way I agree, the apple don't fall far from the tree but I see no mention of his father, is he still alive ? or was he a <deleted> head too that died through alcohol ? Two have died in our village this month alone, from Lao Khao which you can buy for 20 tb everywhere and nothing is done.   452726488_download(31).jpg.63a8bdd298b167130544ec1584c11122.jpg

6 hours ago, The Cipher said:

Don't know about that. My parents tried their very best to raise me and I turned out nothing like they expected.

This lady might well be a bad parent, but there's not enough info in the article to say that for sure.

You and your siblings  (if any ) were all treated the same but that rarely happens in thailand boy and girl children are  treated differently here girls learn to work to support the family where as boys when they marry support their wifes family so as children there is no pressure on boys simply because the family unit  hopes they will grow up and leave but that's not always the case

• Like 1

18 hours ago, malthebluff said:

Where does it say he wasnt working or what work the 71 year old did it could be house work. If not disciplined at early age ( and thai boy children are never ) also never taught what's  the right or wrong behaviour then it's bad parenting 

"as she had to get up for work in the morning"

Nobody has to get up for housework.

"Her son was a perpetually drunk wastrel and good-for-nothing that she had looked after for nearly 50 years."

Hardly sounds like he had a job does it?