Will buy (receive transfer of) a Moderna vaccine booking from 1st lot (i.e. arriving soon)

Smasher

Hello everyone! ????

I didn't (and still don't) want to book Moderna vaccine which is going to arrive many months away - because situation may change drastically during such amount of time (and I was correct not to book 1st lot of Moderna in May as I was able to get Pfizer for free ???? and before Moderna even started to arrive). However, at this time I am willing to buy 2 booked jabs of Moderna from lot 1 (i.e. scheduled to arrive this year) for my Thai wife and possibly, another 2 for her daughter, since it doesn't look likely that they can get one of best vaccines anytime soon (we prefer not to deal with anything starting with word "Sino" ????).

I am based in Pattaya. We will consider traveling to Bangkok if there's an offer, but not farther distance than that.

So if anyone wants to transfer (sell) their Moderna bookings from 1st lot and is not too far from Pattaya, please send me a message or leave a reply.

P.S. I imagine there will be plenty of people who booked Moderna many months ago when vaccine supply was scarce, and since then were able to get other vaccines because vaccine supply improved a lot and/or Moderna took a long time to wait. I think it would be good idea for someone (hospitals? maybe this forum?) to create an organized marketplace for people who want to sell and people who want to buy. In absense of such marketplace, trying to create this thread here...

Hi Smasher,, Happynuff here,  dont know if you got my PM  to you  but  as stated there, my wife, unknown to me   gave away our two  slots  for Moderna to her family,, for free,  made  me  really happy,,,,not,,,  transfered   at  Korat Public Hospital,  bit far for you   anyway.

Hi Smasher,

I have Moderna for transfer! Reserved in July but have been vaccinated since, so I gladly sell it. Got an allocation code from hospital yesterday along with request to send my information (or that of the person transferred to), so it looks like they allocate from the very first batch/ shipment.

Based in BKK, and so is the hospital.

Will message you in a minute...

20 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Why are you set on the Moderna when Pfizer is readily available in your area?

Where is it readily available? Don't forget it's not for me but for my wife (and possibly, daughter), who are Thai, are less than 40 years old and don't have a "high risk" profession. I don't see any Pfizer available in my area for common Thai people and never saw one. If I am mistaken, would be great if you showed me a place where we could get Pfizer for them in our area or even in Bangkok...

If they could get Pfizer (especially for free) I wouldn't look for Moderna, but as far as I searched they definitely won't be able to get Pfizer this year and next year there's only a small chance they would be able to get it.

Regarding Moderna being strong, the frequency of side effects is still extremely small so I'm not afraid of it.

Edited by Smasher

40 minutes ago, Smasher said:

Where is it readily available? Don't forget it's not for me but for my wife (and possibly, daughter), who are Thai, are less than 40 years old and don't have a "high risk" profession. I don't see any Pfizer available in my area for common Thai people and never saw one. If I am mistaken, would be great if you showed me a place where we could get Pfizer for them in our area or even in Bangkok...

If they could get Pfizer (especially for free) I wouldn't look for Moderna, but as far as I searched they definitely won't be able to get Pfizer this year and next year there's only a small chance they would be able to get it.

Regarding Moderna being strong, the frequency of side effects is still extremely small so I'm not afraid of it.

Correct... Pfizer is not available for Thai citizens anywhere at this time (only foreigners).

This will probably change before the end of the year, when Sinovac and Sinopharm run out, then Thai's will start to get only Pfizer or AZ.

3 hours ago, couchpotato said:

Correct... Pfizer is not available for Thai citizens anywhere at this time (only foreigners).

This will probably change before the end of the year, when Sinovac and Sinopharm run out, then Thai's will start to get only Pfizer or AZ.

from 1.5mln from the usa donation, only 150k allocated to foreigners. Probably less than that was given.

Almost half went to medics as boosters. Some are now being given to minors.

The second batch of 1mln of the same donation is still on it's way, it will go only to thai.

Sinopharm is still being imported, that is independent of ministerial control. Many people pay for it 777b, also companies order in bulk for their employees. Chula uni will import also moderna, but as they have just placed this order, it will come the next year. Possible it will be available at cost, around 700b.

Moderna will be also available through Red Cross, 1mln which they have pinched from the private hospital allocation of 5 mln. But that lot looks like will be commandeered by the army goons

10 hours ago, Smasher said:

Quite right. Pfizer would likely only be for you, although school kids are now getting it too, even in the provinces.  So I still can't see why you didn't get it.

My family have all had Sinopharm and I would gladly have accepted that too.

2 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Quite right. Pfizer would likely only be for you, although school kids are now getting it too, even in the provinces.  So I still can't see why you didn't get it.

My family have all had Sinopharm and I would gladly have accepted that too.

Sorry, I'm a bit groggy from second dose of Pfizer (had it 2 days ago). 

7 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Sorry, I'm a bit groggy from second dose of Pfizer (had it 2 days ago). 

????

13 hours ago, couchpotato said:

This will probably change before the end of the year, when Sinovac and Sinopharm run out

I wouldn't be holding my breath, at least this year.

18 hours ago, couchpotato said:

Thai Teenagers are getting it which is good news!