Flying to UK via Doha with Qatar- 3 hour transfer- Do I need a PCR test?

Scouse123

If anybody has flown recently with Qatar to the UK or vice versa to Thailand via Doha, did you need a PCR test for transfer through Doha?

I have tried looking but the information is confusing. It talks about transiting and visas which I am not doing. I am planning on a three hours stopover to change planes and that's it.

I was sure that a test wasn't necessary for UK nationals just transferring. Another poster in another thread has made me doubt this. I am not wanting any other information about UK or Thailand about tests or quarantine, I am only interested in this.

I need to know from anybody who has made this journey recently.

Thanks in advance,

1 hour ago, drh1010 said:

Do you need a PCR test to leave Thailand? I thought you just needed one if the country you are travelling to required it?

Thank you,

That is my knowledge of it too and the UK does not require it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, northsouthdevide said:

70% of travellers using Doha airport are in transit. 

You have a pcr test result that allows you to leave Thailand. 

That's enough. 

A temperature check will be the only thing you'll have to do. 

Hi,

The UK doesn't need a PCR test before flying, only a lateral flow test on landing if Green list and fully vaccinated, which I am.

So I think I am OK without.

You would think the Qatar website would be more specific regarding transfer passengers, with most passengers, as you rightly say, just transferring to other flights.

They keep talking about those entering Qatar in transit.

16 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

The UK doesn't need a PCR test before flying, only a lateral flow test on landing if Green list and fully vaccinated, which I am.

So I think I am OK without.

Members may be aware the change to a lateral flow test on Day 2 takes effect from October 24th.

Edited by theoldgit
  • Like 1

I flew Phuket/Doha/Germany on Qatar last week. I'm fully vaccinated with Pfizer. No covid test was required at departure, in transit, or upon arrival in Munich. Only my proof of vaccination (the US CDC vaccination card) was checked. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DFPhuket said:

I flew Phuket/Doha/Germany on Qatar last week. I'm fully vaccinated with Pfizer. No covid test was required at departure, in transit, or upon arrival in Munich. Only my proof of vaccination (the US CDC vaccination card) was checked. 

Was your Pfizers from Thailand or home country?  Hopefully will do the same on visit to UK..EU....maybe US  in Dec..with Etihad via Abu Dhabi.They say no problem but will recheck again before leaving...play safe..Never had a test yet.. so LFT should be the one for day 2 in London...ugg..

12 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

In the same boat....transit rules are vague at best.

What worries me now is what happens when you land in Doha and you suddenly find you have a fever!!!!!

What the hell happens then?

If you are flying today, it may just be the Saturday Night fever ?

• Haha 2

A friend is flying Qatar from Bangkok to USA on 4 Nov. and he believes a Covid PCR test is required. I had forwarded this post to him.  

The following is posted on Qatar website. For USA bound passengers.

• At this time all air passengers travelling to the US, regardless of vaccination or antibody status, are required to provide a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery.

Edited by kokopelli
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kokopelli said:

A friend is flying Qatar from Bangkok to USA on 4 Nov. and he believes a Covid PCR test is required. I had forwarded this post to him.  

The following is posted on Qatar website. For USA bound passengers.

• At this time all air passengers travelling to the US, regardless of vaccination or antibody status, are required to provide a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery.

I spoke to Qatar twice and also had an SMS from them confirming that as long as I was transferring and not entering Qatar they didn't require a PCR.They did advise I check the criteria at my destination country, which is England.

England requires I pre book a lateral flow test and complete a passenger locator form within a time period of maximum of 48 hours before flying to present to the check in counter. There was a PCR test to be taken on arrival on or before day 2, which is to be replaced by the cheaper lateral flow tests from October 24th.

I don't know about the USA, so these rules could be coming from the US Government health authorities and maybe not Qatar entry requirements.

On 10/16/2021 at 4:38 PM, kokopelli said:

The following is posted on Qatar website.

There is no test requirement for a Doha transit, but all people flying to the US must have a Covid test (either the cheaper antigen/rapid test or PCR test) no more than 3 days before travel begins. Source.

Also, effective November 8, 2021, international travelers coming into the United States must be vaccinated with an FDA approved or authorized and WHO Emergency Use vaccine. Source.