How long is the waiting list for IR-1/CR-1 immigrant visa interviews?

Has anyone received a interview date recently? I have heard that it will take up to 10 months to get a interview date.

We will register for a interview soon. We just got the green light to register.

Any help would be appreciated... ????

I thought for that type of visa, once you have all your final documents submitted, at some point, the embassy just sends you a note with a specific date for the final interview rather than "giving the green light" to schedule it. What notice did you get from the embassy?

FYI

Concert Halls Are Back. But Visa Backlogs Are Keeping Musicians Out.

Oct. 15, 2021 - Updated 11:17 a.m. ET

As the easing of coronavirus restrictions has allowed live performance to return, many cultural organizations are struggling with another problem: their inability to get artists into the United States because of a long backlog of visa applications at American embassies and consulates.

The government has allowed exceptions to the travel ban, which remains in effect until early November, for visitors who can prove their work is essential to the U.S. economy. But consulates have in recent weeks been flooded with such requests, adding to the pileup and some fear the lifting of the travel ban could yield more visa requests — and more delays.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/15/arts/music/visa-backlogs-classical-music.html

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JCP108 said:

I thought for that type of visa, once you have all your final documents submitted, at some point, the embassy just sends you a note with a specific date for the final interview rather than "giving the green light" to schedule it. What notice did you get from the embassy?

We were sent a interview date when we were in Manila. We them moved here to Chiang Mai before the interview and had to get them to transfer it from the Manila Embassy to the Bangkok Embassy. When they finally got my case transferred to Bangkok, that is when we got notification that we now could schedule a interview date. Now we have to register to book a interview then see what slots are available and what dates they are available for.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Chad3000 said:

Did you do your own paperwork?

Are you living with others temporarily? If so what is the household size?

1. Two

2. Two + the household?

Big thanks and good luck. Where are you planning on living?

My wife and I are both living together in Chiang Mai. We plan on living in Tucson where my younger Sister and my Dad now live. They have a great VA hospital where I can get the best of care at no cost to me. Being a 100% disabled Vet my wife also gets free medical and I also get free dental which I desperately need. The VA will also pay my wife 30k usd a year for being my caretaker. I can buy a house with a no down VA home loan and my credit which is excellent will finally be put to use and that is moot over here... So it will be a win win to move... ????  Thanks for the well wishes... ????

• Like 1