Health officials reveal concerns about illegal migrants bringing delta variant into Prachuap Khiri Khan

snoop1130

244573309_1337056450042560_8854659473176089637_n-696x392.jpeg

Migrants stopped trying to cross the border into Prachuap Khiri Khan illegally on October 6.

Public health officials have revealed their concern about migrant workers entering the province illegally and spreading infections of COVID-19.

On Friday (Oct 15), Mr. Rewat Suk-horm, Muang District Public Health Office, Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, revealed how more than 100 migrant workers have been caught entering the province illegally across the border with Myanmar in the the past two weeks alone.

Of those caught, 10 percent were confirmed as being infected with the more dangerous and contagious delta variant of COVID-19.

Full Story: https://www.huahintoday.com/hua-hin-news/health-officials-reveal-concerns-about-illegal-migrants-bringing-delta-variant-into-prachuap-khiri-khan/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2021-10-15

It's a two-way street.

Tell the businesses, "you employ an illegal you will be closed down and go to jail".

If no work is available they won't come.

But we all know how it works, factories and hotels need cheap labour.

• Like 2

Prayuth should resign today. I know. I should have taken the vaccine thing more seriously. I know, I should have had a more qualified health minister. I know, my pathological fear of the optics of a lockdown are causing many more cases than need be. And I know, I should have been more diligent with the borders, I should have cracked down on corrupt immigration officials, and kept my promise to fight corruption, and I should have used my army soldiers for something. Anything. I forget there are 550,000 of them. They would have been perfect for controlling the border. And they would have actually been doing something to benefit the people and they would have been protecting the nation, for a change. I also forget that is why we have soldiers. How very dumb of me. It appears I am nowhere near as smart as I think I am. I do realize I should have and could have done better.

Do you want me to resign now? I know that is what you are thinking. I probably should. It sure would be the right thing to do, but since I rarely ever do the right thing, I wouldn't even know how do make that happen. Just call me a failure. I know it is true. 

Dr. Tavida added that any country in this intense situation needs a leader that not only comes out strong but can also create confidence. A leader that can show empathy, and make sense of what is going on. More than likely only Prayuth and a portion of his subordinates would describe him as being "strong". In terms of showing empathy, is that something we have ever seen from this man? He is as out of touch as them come. A true Ivory tower sort of guy. 

And in terms of making sense of what is going on, you need policy, competent ministers with experience in the fields their ministries are in charge of, and at least a tiny amount of vision and planning. Prayuth lacks every pre-requisite. So do most of his ministers. Especially Anutin and Pipat. Likely the two least qualified and least effective of the lot. One would think during a national emergency, a skilled and talented tourism and  health minister would be considered important. Lastly, he does not inspire confidence, as he has no follow up in his game, is highly insincere, and is grossly incompetent and under qualified for the job. One would think after 6 plus years he has had time to learn. That does not appear to be the case. He is a terrible leader

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

It's a two-way street.

Tell the businesses, "you employ an illegal you will be closed down and go to jail".

If no work is available they won't come.

But we all know how it works, factories and hotels need cheap labour.

Yes,It's all about Money /Greed.

• Like 2