Expired NON immigration O visa then covid extensions, still possible to get a marriage extension ?

hello,

I have an Expired NON immigration O visa then covid extensions, still possible to get a marriage extension based on expired non-o ?

Actually I think that it's possible as everything is possible, but will they ask me some cash to make it, or would they make it easily without problem ?

Do you recommend an agent to do this ? in Pattaya please.

Thank you so much.

• Like 1

Hi, I need an advise on marriage visa. I am currently on a 30 days tourist visa exemption. Arrived in Udon Thani on 14 Oct after my 7 days quarantine in BKK. I went to the IMO in Udon to do my TM30 and at the same time ask if I could extend my TR visa when it expired on 04 Nov. I was amazed when they extend another 2 months visa when I told them I am here to marry my fiancee of 6 years. The IO even prepared a letter to allow me to open a Thai bank account for the deposit of 400k requirement for the marriage visa. Do I need to leave Thailand to apply for the marriage visa and return or can I do it during my 3 months stay here. Appreciate if someone can guide me through this. Thank you.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ty30666 said:

Hi, I need an advise on marriage visa. I am currently on a 30 days tourist visa exemption. Arrived in Udon Thani on 14 Oct after my 7 days quarantine in BKK. I went to the IMO in Udon to do my TM30 and at the same time ask if I could extend my TR visa when it expired on 04 Nov. I was amazed when they extend another 2 months visa when I told them I am here to marry my fiancee of 6 years. The IO even prepared a letter to allow me to open a Thai bank account for the deposit of 400k requirement for the marriage visa. Do I need to leave Thailand to apply for the marriage visa and return or can I do it during my 3 months stay here. Appreciate if someone can guide me through this. Thank you.

Especially as the immigration office seems to be friendly, there should be no problem doing a "conversion" to a Non O visa based on your marriage to a Thai, immediately converted to a 90-day permission to stay, and subsequently do one-year extensions. The main requirement is 400k baht in a Thai bank account. Your immigration office will advise you of the other requirements which might require a bit of legwork, but pretty easy.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ty30666 said:

Do I need to leave Thailand to apply for the marriage visa and return or can I do it during my 3 months stay here. Appreciate if someone can guide me through this. Thank you.

After registering your marriage you can apply for non-o visa that will give you 90 day permit to stay.

List of required documents is here. https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/6.pdf  The 400k baht will only need to be in the bank on the day you apply.

Then you can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage. The 400k baht will need to be in the bank for 2 months on the day your apply.

My general list of documents is here. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1