Jump to content

34-year-old driver passes away after pickup truck driving in wrong lane crashes into his motorbike in Chonburi


Recommended Posts

S__223830045.jpeg

 

A 34-year-old Thai man has been pronounced dead at the scene after a pickup truck driver attempting to overtake another vehicle by driving in the wrong lane crashed into his motorbike in the Phan Thong district yesterday morning (October 16th).

 

The Phan Thong Police were notified of the accident at 9:30 A.M. on Phan Thong – Marp Pong Road in the Marp Pong sub-district.

 

The emergency response teams arrived at the scene to find the body of Mr. Surat Boon Ngern, 34, who was unconscious. He was taken to a local hospital where he was unfortunately pronounced dead upon arrival.

 

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/10/17/34-year-old-driver-passes-away-after-pickup-truck-driving-in-wrong-lane-crashes-into-his-motorbike-in-chonburi/

 

PattayaNews.jpg

  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

“I was trying to overtake another vehicle from the left lane. Unfortunately, I lost control of my vehicle while attempting to do so and had not noticed Mr. Surat in the lane when I attempted to overtake the car in front of me. I was unable to avoid colliding with Mr. Surat. I am very sorry for this accident.”

 

Seems he was undertaking on the hard shoulder, that's where most motorcycles go for safety.

Having said that, if he hit the motorcycle head-on that means the rider was going in the wrong direction too, or he rear-ended the guy?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

“I was trying to overtake another vehicle from the left lane. Unfortunately, I lost control of my vehicle while attempting to do so and had not noticed Mr. Surat in the lane when I attempted to overtake the car in front of me. I was unable to avoid colliding with Mr. Surat. I am very sorry for this accident.”

 

Seems he was undertaking on the hard shoulder, that's where most motorcycles go for safety.

Having said that, if he hit the motorcycle head-on that means the rider was going in the wrong direction too, or he rear-ended the guy?

Unfortunately two wrongs led to an unfortunate end. Pick up traveling in the "emergency lane" motorbike traveling in the wrong direction. Would not have happened if both had followed the road laws. And unfortunately as always the motorbike comes off worst.  

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, itsari said:

Too many horse power  for these young pick up drivers,

The family of the deceased has my deepest sympathy.

Not only the young.

Drivers with no idea how to drive. Little, if any instruction, lack of spatial awareness, lack of common sense, lack of self preservation, and a lack of road courtesy or consideration for others.

 Always me, me, me on the road. Risking their lives and others, trying to get past the car in front at all costs. I / we all see them every  day.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have to give him credit he’s the first Thai I have ever heard of to admit he was responsible for an accident. That said, his disregard for personal safety and the safety of others while operating a vehicle resulted in involuntary manslaughter (vehicular manslaughter) and he should be punished accordingly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Once again TV sleuths everywhere.
Read the article, it appears he was not "Undertaking" he had moved from the left lane into the right lane" (the oncoming lane) and hadn't noticed the motorbike coming towards him.
You want a diagram? Sheesh
R.I.P. to the deceased.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/17/2021 at 8:33 AM, itsari said:

Too many horse power  for these young pick up drivers,

The family of the deceased has my deepest sympathy.

Lol pickups are not even quick. 

 

Just be thankful that's all these idiots can afford and really powerful cars are scarce here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Lol pickups are not even quick. 

 

Just be thankful that's all these idiots can afford and really powerful cars are scarce here. 

 Lol, but there road handling compared to horsepower is where the problem lies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...