Truckers threaten strike if diesel prices are not pegged

webfact

truck.jpg

Thailand’s truckers’ associations have threatened to go on strike for a week if the government does not freeze the pump price of diesel at 30 baht/litre.

To send a warning to the government that they mean business, 200 trucks from the north-eastern chapter of the Land Transport Federation of Thailand will gather on Tuesday at the intersection of the Friendship and Phahonyothin highways in Saraburi province, where the North-eastern Transport Association is located, then head for Soong Neon, See Khiew and Pak Chong districts before returning to their starting point.

Thanasant Kulpetanont, deputy secretary-general of the association, said today (Sunday) that the trucks will not move to Bangkok, to avoid exacerbating the traffic problems there.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/truckers-threaten-strike-if-diesel-prices-are-not-pegged/

Logo-top-.png
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s truckers’ associations have threatened to go on strike for a week if the government does not freeze the pump price of diesel at 30 baht/litre.

Would be interesting to know how much the government subsidise the cost of fuel already?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Would be interesting to know how much the government subsidise the cost of fuel already?

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Maybe they should look at the price abroad first !

Always interesting to consider these points when Thais complain about their government.  I think they would like the freedoms that are more common in the West, but I'm not sure they would enjoy the associated responsibilities.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Always interesting to consider these points when Thais complain about their government.  I think they would like the freedoms that are more common in the West, but I'm not sure they would enjoy the associated responsibilities.

Putting it bluntly , broader income tax and triple the value added tax to pay for the weakest in Thai society would not go down well with most Thai citizen's . 

5 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Many countries are talking about going Green as they are chopping down more and more trees.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/trevornace/2019/02/28/nasa-says-earth-is-greener-today-than-20-years-ago-thanks-to-china-india/?sh=1e2586b86e13

Just sayin'.

Keep shopping on-line. Most things come in a cardboard box, inside which is another cardboard box et al.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1