water pressure top floor condo, can I add a tank or pump to have more water pressure ?

aeae

hi, can you please link me to a small tank or water pump to install in a top floor condo where the water pressure is low ?

I already have a new water heater so I am looking for a tank that doesn't warm the water, just stock it to have it available when I use the shower.

What is the system and how much does it cost please ? The smallest tank possible to install it in the fake roof if possible ?

Thanks.

Good advice given and if you want a cheapo way is you can buy small pumps in Global house and can adapt a strong plastic bin with a lid as storage which is plenty of water for just a shower. 

Have a separate switch to use as and when needed. 

If you can't set up yourself then finding a handyman that can may be difficult. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, aeae said:

I already have a new water heater so I am looking for a tank that doesn't warm the water, just stock it to have it available when I use the shower.

Stop over thinking. Bin the new water heater and buy the Jovan unit ( above in this thread) from Lazada. I have a Panasonic unit with a pump it works fine, a mate brought it for me from Malaysia. 

This is by far the easiest solution. Slick, normal, shower pressure always the same. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Smallest standard tank is 500L like this one https://www.homepro.co.th/p/1057973 at around 2,000 for a shower you need a constant pressure pump they start from about 5,000 

https://www.homepro.co.th/search?ca=PLU060301&pmin=&pmax=&cst=0&q=Water+pump&page=1&s=21&size=100#plist

thank you, but not possible to use it without a pump ? can I just store the water in the tank and use it ?

3 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Stop over thinking. Bin the new water heater and buy the Jovan unit ( above in this thread) from Lazada. I have a Panasonic unit with a pump it works fine, a mate brought it for me from Malaysia. 

This is by far the easiest solution. Slick, normal, shower pressure always the same. 

the heater is new, so I do not want to change it, and I doubt that pressure will be enough by just changing heater.

thank you.

2 hours ago, aeae said:

the heater is new, so I do not want to change it, and I doubt that pressure will be enough by just changing heater.

thank you.

Heaters with an internal jet pump give the same shower pressure regardless of incoming pressure. If the low pressure existed before you bought the existing heater one has to ask why you bought it?

That is the reason they exist. But if you want to do it the hard way?

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

Try this,  or similar:

44% Off | ครัวเรือน150W Booster ปั๊มอัตโนมัติท่อ Booster PumpTap เครื่องทำน้ำอุ่น Booster Pumpเย็นและน้ำร้อนความดันปั๊มเคลื่อนไหวแบบวงกลม | https://s.lazada.co.th/s.f7mTT

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thailand J said:

My Thai friend has this in his small condo. Very low noise. He said it is "constant pressure pump".

200w about 6000B. I have no idea how this works.

245185892.jpgIf your supply is reliable, just pressure is low, you don't need a tank. A small pump will be en

Check FB Market, Lazada, Shopee, ........ say 200W should be enough. I have a 400W pump, good for  5 floors.

6 minutes ago, Grusa said:

Try this,  or similar:

44% Off | ครัวเรือน150W Booster ปั๊มอัตโนมัติท่อ Booster PumpTap เครื่องทำน้ำอุ่น Booster Pumpเย็นและน้ำร้อนความดันปั๊มเคลื่อนไหวแบบวงกลม | https://s.lazada.co.th/s.f7mTT

However, 'ships from overseas' - add 1 month - Suggest look for something local.

11 minutes ago, Grusa said:

Try this,  or similar:

Will work if there is somewhere to install it. Then one has to modify piping , run electricity to the location. If that can all be done for 4000 baht then a winner.

How high up are you?

I'd be worried about the wieght on your roof.

If it's under 3 stories you can have a tank on the ground floor, then pump it to your outlets using a suitable pump.

Showering with low pressure isn't enjoyable.

You need a small pressure tank pump as booster - actually pressure fall, if the pressure drops, then the pump starts - they costs from about 6,000 baht to 10,000 baht.

For example this 150 W Mitsubishi for around 5,500 baht (link HERE)...

a502ff5d90bd6580f6f1af1818130881.jpg_400

If you for example buy it from HomePro they normally have agreement with someone that can install it for you.

I don't know why people cringe at spending the Thai equivalent of $200 or $300 dollars for a convenience you'll appreciate for years to come.  Imagine what you'd spend in the US?

3000 to 10,000 THB.  Pick what you need and just do it - you'll be happy you did.  Go for it!!!

3 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Heaters with an internal jet pump give the same shower pressure regardless of incoming pressure. If the low pressure existed before you bought the existing heater one has to ask why you bought it?

That is the reason they exist. But if you want to do it the hard way?

I suggest ease up on the op contributor. My guess is the new "water heater" is an electric shower unit that often do not produce a decent output at the shower head even when other flow at taps etc is satisfactory. Often so when the unit is a high wattage model but retailers never know to mention that !

The small booster pump alternatively suggested fitted either at primary supply point or only on the shower feed would solve the problem at far less cost than abandoning the original purpose. If it were to be exclusively for the shower it could probably be done with  minimal flexible piping and utilizing a link into the existing electrical supply the water heater with the pump tucked into the false ceiling space above.

Not to say your recommendation is not valid but the op states he is unwilling to retreat on original purchase.

5 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

Why not speak to the Juristic Team and ask them to check the water delivery pressure to the top floor. Chances are that they have wound back the delivery pump system pressure relief valve or a delivery pump pressure cutout point either through ignorance or accident. Their maintenance team might be able to rectify the system pressure issue without you needing to retrofit any additional infrastructure. You have nothing to lose by asking them to investigate. 

My condo is level 24..

I find my water pressure OK... 

15 hours ago, Grusa said:

Try this,  or similar:

That looks perfect for the OP.

Buy a better pump. I changed mine from a 4000 THB <deleted>ty one to a 8000 THB or so.

The Mitsubishi one mentioned e.g. is good. Just check the WATT and choose a good one. Check with an engineer first maybe to not kill your pipes with too much pressure.

Had the same problem but a good new pump with enough power helps ???? 

I went for the PUMP STIEBEL 4A-CS 450W , super quite. Check that you get the newer version of this one that came out recently. 

Edited by burner2014