Re-entry question

OP, correct answer above.

Just to understand....all a reentry permit does is allow you to enter Thailand up till expiry of current extension. 

Hence the expiry date on your reentry permit always matches expiry of your permission of stay stamp.

In your case Dec 19.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I won't be in Thailand long enough to renew extension, what are my options for return, VE?

Can you get CoE with VE?

Thanks.

You can get a COE with a visa exempt entry. Note that, if you have not used your 60-day extension to visit your spouse, you could use that you extend you permission to stay until February.

4 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

what are my options for return, VE?

Can you get CoE with VE?

Yes and yes (although the CoE will be rebranded by then). Or if you don't mind paperwork, could grab a Non O before coming back.

43 minutes ago, BritTim said:

You can get a COE with a visa exempt entry. Note that, if you have not used your 60-day extension to visit your spouse, you could use that you extend you permission to stay until February.

Ok, so when i return end of this month extend permission to stay with a 60 day extension?

What paper work is required for 60 day extension?

Thanks.

44 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Yes and yes (although the CoE will be rebranded by then). Or if you don't mind paperwork, could grab a Non O before coming back.

Unfortunately when i leave thailand the location i'm going to does not have a Thai Embassy for new Non O.

Waiting for Savanakhet to be available to do that again.

Thanks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Ok, so when i return end of this month extend permission to stay with a 60 day extension?

What paper work is required for 60 day extension?

Thanks.

It is much easier than a one year extension. Basically, your wife needs to come with you, and you need to provide some copies (wife's id etc.). No financial proof, photos or any of that stuff. You usually receive the extension on the spot (and can get the re-entry permit at the same time if you like) or at latest the next day.

Edited by BritTim

16 minutes ago, BritTim said:

It is much easier than a one year extension. Basically, your wife needs to come with you, and you need to provide some copies (wife's id etc.). No financial proof, photos or any of that stuff. You usually receive the extension on the spot (and can get the re-entry permit at the same time if you like) or at latest the next day.

Excellent, sounds like a plan - thanks.

10 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Excellent, sounds like a plan - thanks.

Don't forget to get get a new re-entry permit to keep the 60 day valid along with the remainder of your extension.

Best to only get a single re-entry permit. A multiple entry would be a complete waste since it will expire before you could use it again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Don't forget to get get a new re-entry permit to keep the 60 day valid along with the remainder of your extension.

Best to only get a single re-entry permit. A multiple entry would be a complete waste since it will expire before you could use it again.

Well noted.

• 2 weeks later...

So as an update.

Went to immigration yesterday was told that if i get a 60 day extension and re-entry permit that's my lot, need to go back to square one and start Non 'O' again.

So, on the 15th i'll submit all paperwork for 1 year Non O extension, leave ( with re-entry permit ), return end of December and new extension will be ready....

I was under the impression i could not leave the country while my extension was 'under consideration'?

Thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Went to immigration yesterday was told that if i get a 60 day extension and re-entry permit that's my lot, need to go back to square one and start Non 'O' again.

That is incorrect info they gave you.

When entering with a re-entry permit for the 60 day extension that does not cancel your original non-o visa entry.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is incorrect info they gave you.

When entering with a re-entry permit for the 60 day extension that does not cancel your original non-o visa entry.

With all due respect i can't tell them what to do.

I actually mentioned this and all i got back was '60 day extension' cancels 1 year extension based on Non O.

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I actually mentioned this and all i got back was '60 day extension' cancels 1 year extension based on Non O.

You extension will end as normal and the 60 days will start from that day. You can then apply for a new one year extension near the end of the 60 days. 

The extension does not cancel your existing extension. 

I think there was a misunderstanding if what they were saying.

58 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You extension will end as normal and the 60 days will start from that day. You can then apply for a new one year extension near the end of the 60 days. 

The extension does not cancel your existing extension. 

I think there was a misunderstanding if what they were saying.

I'm leaving the country in about 3 weeks and not returning until the existing extension will be expired, that's the problem ( i think ).

I will now ( on the 15th ) submit all paperwork for one year extension and get under consideration stamp along with re-entry permit good till begining of Jan 22.

When i return ( late December ) the under consideration period shall be over and i'll get my new 1 year extension ( i hope ).