Tony's Animal Shelter Pattaya

We will soon be moving to a house with large garden/ land and can finally get my sons the puppy (or puppies) they've been pestering me for.

I was thinking about going down to 'Tony's' shelter. Does anyone know where it is? Has anyone got a puppy from there before?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

TS

Never heard of them. I didn't even know there was a place in Pattaya. I know & am in contact with orgs all over Thailand, but I've not even heard of this one. Are they new?

I would say that the normal rules of getting a pup apply. Check it out at the vets thoroughly, choose one that's not too boisterous, but not timid either. Beware of obvious signs like gummy eyes, discharge from nose, pale gums, cough etc. Make sure it's old enough to be rehomed (minimum 6 weeks, but 8 weeks or more is better). Try & get any history you can from them.

And remember to get it wormed, de parasited & I would strongly recommend vaccination, although I know Nienke doesn't agree with me on that. Pups in Thailand are very susceptible to parvo virus & distemper.

Good luck!

And remember to get it wormed, de parasited & I would strongly recommend vaccination, although I know Nienke doesn't agree with me on that. Pups in Thailand are very susceptible to parvo virus & distemper.

Good luck!

Woh, no need to go in defence here.

I recommend puppy vaccination, but not together with the deworming, ONLY the CORE vaccines and preferable when the pups are about 7 weeks and not younger than that.

Vaccines should NEVER been given in a body of which immunity is down. That's even standing on the hand-outs provided by the pharmaceutical industry themselves. If the dog or cat has worms it means the immuntiy is down. When one vaccinate during surgery it means vaccination while the immuntiy is down. When an animal has mange or other skin diseases it means the immunity is down. Vaccinating when the immunity is down means 1) the vaccine most probably will not have 100% effect, and 2) there is an increased risk on very serious side-effects.

This all, BTW, is proven by legitimate research.

Vaccines can interfere with the maternal immunity, and in that way making the pup MORE in stead of less vulnerable for infectious disease (to explain it in very simple words). Further it is strongly advisable to give canine distemper and Parvo virus first ONLY, then one month later and NOT two weeks later (as the second vaccine will mess up with the first vaccine and again making the dog MORE in stead of less vulnerable for infectious disease).

Cocktail vaccines are known, by many legitimate research now, for their increased risk on (very) serious side-effects (just few months ago, got one. He's dead! Pretty serious side-effect, I would say). Therefore, to reduce this risk it is advisable to give them the vaccines with one month intervals.

After one year booster vaccinations can be given of again ONLY the core vaccines. Then, you can proceed with vaccinating every three years and NOT every year.

I have given in a former thread already several URL's on the effects of vaccines. There is a wealth of information on the net on the (serious) side-effect of vaccines. Already since the 30's there were scientist and doctors warning against vaccinations. Unfortunately, the pharmaceutical industry did a better job with installing fear in the people, and that's why so many people still vaccinate their children and their animals.

Nienke

P.S. This post may come across a bit hard. It's not that i'm pissed of with you, I'm pissed off with all the lies that is put in our heads and it is seriously effecting the health of ourselves and our beloved ones.

The more you read the more you get shocked about all these lies.

Edited by Nienke

Never heard of them. I didn't even know there was a place in Pattaya. I know & am in contact with orgs all over Thailand, but I've not even heard of this one. Are they new?

just found this with google http://www.tonydisco.com/html/dog_shelter.php

there's also another animal rescue org in pattaya PAWS (Pattaya Animal Welfare Society) they don't have website as far as i know though.

good info on vaccinations there nienke, never vaccinate a dog which shows signs of low immunity or upcoming illness like eye/nose discharge, pale gums, fever, diarrhea, mange or purulent skin rashes/pimples, even if the dog otherwise seems lively and fit! give medication like antibiotics, etc what the vet orders and deworming instead. once the dog seems healthy again, still wait at least one month before vaccination! if at all...

Amazing, I though it was just a joke on Tony's Disco ...

Yes Tony, of Disco and Gym fame has put money and effort into helping all the poor little Dogs in Pattaya who are homeless.

He has a compound with a vet in attendance and God Bless him for it!

You can get a Puppy in good condition free from him (A donation would be appreciated though) by going into any of his places and asking where the Compound is. I think it's in Jomtien actually.

IMO the Ma Thai is a wonderful, intelligent animal. I have two.

Amazing, I though it was just a joke on Tony's Disco ...

Yes Tony, of Disco and Gym fame has put money and effort into helping all the poor little Dogs in Pattaya who are homeless.

Wow, Tony's dog shelter sounds good, very good! :o

wow!! that's good news!!!

IMO the Ma Thai is a wonderful, intelligent animal. I have two.

ma thais are wonderful dogs, playful, intelligent, trainable.

here's my two trd mixes pueppi and poen :o

post-1514-1180844386_thumb.jpg

post-1514-1180844218_thumb.jpg

It is advisable to start with one pup.

Dogs tend to follow each other rather than their owner. They will play togehter (which is a good thing of course), explore together, destroy together and run of together.

If you get one pup, it will focus more on his/her human pack members. Once this one is properly socialized and taught good behaviors, you might consider to get another one. Then, in the education of the second pup, you have the help of a well-behaved and obeying first dog.

Wish you good luck in finding yourself a new wonderful family member,

Nienke

Nienke, I never suggested that deworming & vaccine should be done together, just that they should both be done, IMO.

Elfe, of course you never vaccinate a dog which is run down or sick with anything else. The symptoms I suggested were symptoms to avoid altogether when choosing a new pup.

I also recommended a vet check up as the first thing. I would expect the vet to know not to do these things, so I didn't feel it necessary to explain in minute detail to the OP.

I also recommended a vet check up as the first thing. I would expect the vet to know not to do these things, so I didn't feel it necessary to explain in minute detail to the OP.

Hmmm, one would expect so, yes, unfortunately in my experience this is very often NOT the case.

From what I've seen during the last many years it is common use to deworm AND vaccinate at the same time, and if it's an older dog even together with a heartworm or tick prevention injection.

Also animals with skin problems are still vaccinated (ongoing skin problems are a very clear indication that the dog suffers chronic disease). Animals with a history of health problems are still vaccinated. Elderly dogs are still vaccinated. Too young puppies are still vaccinated.

Cocktails are common use, while it is so many times proven already that that's not good. It is also common use to vaccinate with two weeks in between the jabs, while also there are enough reports that that is of no good to the animal.

At some vets the animal doesn't even recieve the general health check, but is jabbed straight away, pay and out you go.

Side-effects are never mentioned, and once a dog shows side-effects it is described AND treated as another disease.

What I want to say is, don't trust that easily others, but educate yourself before putting all sorts of chemicals in your animal's body.

Here's another URL with lots of info on vaccines and side-effects:

http://www.whale.to/m/pitcairn.html or just www.whale.to

Nienke

Edited by Nienke

• 1 month later...

I saw Tony's shelter. It's on Sukhumvit/South Pattaya.

You can call any of Tony's fitness clubs and ask for phone number of shelter. I suppose shelters vaccinate and deworm their pets before giving them away.

I personally suggest you take two pets of you can. It's better for them, really. No need to be egoistic.

• 2 weeks later...