"Lampang Hiso" woman flees the scene after Mini Cooper ends up on it's roof!

webfact

4pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook reported that a high society woman was helped at the scene when the Mini Cooper she was driving ended up on its roof.

But instead of thanking her rescuers she walk off and disappeared!

Muang Lampang police and rescue services had been called at 7 pm to a nightclub area on Surin Road after a collision between two vehicles. 

Namwan, about 45, had been driving the yellow Mini that had a dented roof.

She is the owner of a restaurant in Muang district of Lampang.

An Altis nearby had damage to a rear tire.

Witnesses saw the Mini being driver normally but it suddenly braked and hit the parked Altis and overturned.

Police want to speak to Namwan about why she left the scene of the accident.

Sanook reported that soon after the accident heavy rain fell and traffic built up. Police got lifting equipment and took both vehicles away to be stored at the police station pending an investigation. 

The media said that the locals were "ngong" - perplexed. 

Alcohol was not mentioned. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2021-10-20

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Haha 2

Never seen so many cars overturn and land on the roof as in Thailand? Anyone agree?

I was fire rescue volunteer at home for more than 10 years and hardly saw cars overturned.

Mostly collisions by side or front or simply just skid off the road...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

Credit where credit is due - describing an overturned car as "having a dented roof".  Somehow I suspect the insurance company might have a different way of looking at it.

That will be a convertible within 2 weeks

She might think she is a hi-so but  crawling out of the car with her skirt round her waist and her ego dented is a great leveler I’m sure, but scarper go and see the bib tomorow  and explain you were in shock, they make you a cup of coffee you pay  a little towards the Christmas childrens party and off to buy a new car, you all know from your home countries this is not the way to do it.

Edited by Almer

What is a High Society woman? Is it someone who is better than everyone else? I've always found these so called HiSo Thais to be the most repugnant, ignorant and incredibly badly educated people in the country. Give me a country Thai person who has self educated and learnt manners any day over those ghastly wannabes. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CLW said:

Never seen so many cars overturn and land on the roof as in Thailand? Anyone agree?

I was fire rescue volunteer at home for more than 10 years and hardly saw cars overturned.

And a Mini no less.  They have a wide wheel base and low center of gravity.  Unless the other car pulled out and clipped her rear bumper. 
Strange.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CLW said:

I usually see pickup trucks and vans overturned .. not small passenger cars.  A lot of the pickups are modified to carry bigger / heavier loads than intended by the manufacturer, and then things go off balance.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, captainjackS said:

I usually see pickup trucks and vans overturned .. not small passenger cars.  A lot of the pickups are modified to carry bigger / heavier loads than intended by the manufacturer, and then things go off balance.

High center of gravity vs. Thai Engineering and driving skills came instantly to my mind