Thieves 'wai' the shrine at a temple before committing robbery

webfact

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTY5Mi84NDYxMzIyL3N0ZWFsLmpwZw==.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook reported that two well dressed thieves were caught on CCTV showing respect to "Jao Mae Takhian" at a temple by wai-ing - before they tried to force open a collection box and steal money.

It happened at Wat Nong Yai in Pattaya on Tuesday night during the hours of curfew.

They tried to remove the box but were unable to as it was fixed in place beside the main chapel.

Frustrated, the thieves then stole food and scattered the contents of a fridge.

A monk said it had happened many times before and the police told them to get those responsible. 

That's not our job, the monk said, begging people  who were hungry to come to the temple where they would be given food. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2021-10-21

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Only in Thailand.

But must admit, 20 years ago, was in me mates bar in Nakula

and two local drunks were going to all  the falang bars and drinking the Buddha drinks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they even held the glass up,  to us all in the bar. like saying cheers, very funny.

Happy days.

TIT.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Orinoco said:

Only in Thailand.

and two local drunks were going to all  the falang bars and drinking the Buddha drinks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they even held the glass up,  to us all in the bar. like saying cheers, very funny.

Happy days.

TIT.

Classy.... did they dine under the balloons too?

• Haha 1

Desperate times for many.  "forgive me for the sins I'm about to commit"  vs Christian confessional after knowingly committing known sin.

I also pray for forgiveness when sending in my tax returns ... ????????

OK, not really, screw the F'ers if they're going to waste it, as I can do that myself......on me & mine.

On 10/22/2021 at 6:05 PM, Orinoco said:

Only in Thailand.

Happy days.

TIT.

I bet the bar owners were unimpressed.  They usually pour it back into the bottle.  ????  

• Haha 1