Bathroom smell / Centipedes

Golden Triangle

55 minutes ago, sirineou said:

But that requires available land that often is not available in small building lots.  

But in cities, such as Bangkok, those septic tanks indeed do have a drain - into the gray water system.  Be they cement rings or the normal plastic types used today.  Upcountry they often drain into nearest klong.  

5 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

But in cities, such as Bangkok, those septic tanks indeed do have a drain - into the gray water system.  Be they cement rings or the normal plastic types used today.  Upcountry they often drain into nearest klong.  

As in my property in Phitsanilulok, drains into the house estate storm water system that finally connects with the city drainage system - that probably ends up discharging into the Nan river ????

54 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Not true, I have seen some being built and confirmed use with owners.

I am sure there are some. and If I had more property, I would also construct a drain field. But for the most part they  don't have them, not only because they don't have the room,  but also because they are not familiar with them, My wife's uncle has a farm, with plenty of room for a leach field, yet when they put in a septic system, they did it the Thai way, probably because that's what the knew, and what was easy and cheap. 

as Far as septic tanks in BKK draining into the sewer system. That does not stop the septic tank from flooding from either a breach, or even the sewers backing up. 

It stands to reason that if it only happens when it rains , that the rain must have something to do with it. 

Edited by sirineou

On 10/22/2021 at 8:34 PM, Golden Triangle said:

We have a plastic food bag half full of water over the drain in the shower, that only comes off when either of us are using the shower & goes straight back on when we have finished, that is mainly to stop the Centipedes but I would have thought will also keep the smell down, my suspicion is still a lack of a seal between the toilet and foul pipe below it.

try a ping pong ball    it will float 

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

Are they just one size fits all drains ? thanks, I'm gonna look them up this week, we have a couple of plumbers merchants fairly close by. ????

Sorry, that I can't answer.