COVID visa extension while staying in multiple hotels

Myself and partner were in Chiang mai where we were forced to stay in a cottage for 60 days in order to obtain documents from landlord for COVID immigration visa.

We are now in Bangkok with the same problem as the COVID extension is due to expire soon but we prefer to stay in cheap hotels with best deals on all the time so we are never stuck at one same place

Can someone advice best way around this. We were considering education visa or just to rent a room that we will stay at "sometimes" for two months upfront that is a dump so it costs nothing.

Good idea ?

Anyone got anything better ?

Thanks alot

Edited by lpw997
  • Haha 1

Bangkok immigration will accept stays in hotel if a TM30 report was done for them to apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension. Ask the hotel for a screenshot of the report that was done to prove it was done if it does not appear in immigrations records.

Where you apply in Bangkok depends upon of what type of visa you entered on.

If a tourist visa or others it is done at Chaeng Wattana immigration.

If visa exempt is is done at the Muang Thong Thani.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Bangkok immigration will accept stays in hotel if a TM30 report was done for them to apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension. Ask the hotel for a screenshot of the report that was done to prove it was done if it does not appear in immigrations records.

Where you apply in Bangkok depends upon of what type of visa you entered on.

If a tourist visa or others it is done at Chaeng Wattana immigration.

If visa exempt is is done at the Muang Thong Thani.

Please help

1 hour ago, lpw997 said:

The issue is we stay at multiple hotels every couple of days. How would we get a COVID extension like that.

Ask the hotel that you stay in on the day you apply to do the online RM30 report to immigration and give you a screenshot of it. Bangkok immigration is not that pickey for proving you are staying in Bangkok. Many people have traveled to apply for a short term extension there with only one night stay in hotel,

10 minutes ago, lpw997 said:

Please help

Sorry I had a online meeting to attend.

• Like 1

Oh wow so in Bangkok it is in fact different to whole of the rest of Thailand. I find that hard to believe.

Please only add suggestions if you are sure about answers..

Thanks so much for your input however I don't believe it

• Sad 4

2 hours ago, lpw997 said:

Oh wow so in Bangkok it is in fact different to whole of the rest of Thailand. I find that hard to believe.

You only mentioned Chiang Mai immigration and they can be more difficult than others.

Other offices are similar to Bangkok. Just a TM30 report from a hotel is enough to prove you are staying where the office is located when applying for a short stay extension.

Are you even in Thailand. Phuket is doing the same thing we were there before Chiang Mai in a condo where landlords wrote a letter saying we had paid upfront for two.monrha. stop trying to get yours posts, rep up in the forum. Thanks for advice on something you know nothing about.

• Sad 6

20 hours ago, lpw997 said:

We are now in Bangkok with the same problem

Which problem exactly? Just ask the hotel where you stay for a printout of the TM30 which they do online for you and take it to immigration when you apply for the extension

3 hours ago, lpw997 said:

Thanks so much for your input however I don't believe it

To obtain a covid extension in Bangkok all you needed regarding where your staying is a TM30. Easily done as has already been mentioned.

Your experience of..."being forced to stay in a cottage for 60 days...." in order to obtain a covid extension, I put down to being poorly informed.

Folk obtaining covid extensions are not required to have a 2 month lease. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lpw997 said:

For any short-term extension (including the special Covid extension), it's quite unusual for immigration to ask for proof of accommodation for the entire duration of the extension. What they usually want to see is just proof of where you're staying at the time of application, in the form of a current TM30 report. I'd try with just that in Bangkok, as others have suggested.

10 hours ago, lpw997 said:

Are you even in Thailand. Phuket is doing the same thing we were there before Chiang Mai in a condo where landlords wrote a letter saying we had paid upfront for two.monrha. stop trying to get yours posts, rep up in the forum. Thanks for advice on something you know nothing about.

OP... Really? Uncalled for... 

• Like 1

How about this. You are all wrong. You must complete certificate of residency. Take it to a different part of the immigration centre where they make you show you have somewhere to live not just one night hotel your at the same day. It is not valid Phuket and Chiang Mai have both said this and you cannot get a the COVID visa before doing it they send you back to the certificate of residency department.

Sometimes if you don't know the answer it's better to just say. I'm not sure because I don't have to do this I'm on a retirement visa.

Edited by lpw997
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

I have now received two covid 60 day extensions at CW.  On each occasion I listed my current address on the relevant forms but was not asked to provide any evidence or asked about future addresses.  In fact I wasn't asked any questions and the process was very straight forward.  (I would recommend you dress smartly and try to be polite when you visit!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lpw997 said:

How about this. You are all wrong. You must complete certificate of residency. Take it to a different part of the immigration centre where they make you show you have somewhere to live not just one night hotel your at the same day. It is not valid Phuket and Chiang Mai have both said this and you cannot get a the COVID visa before doing it they send you back to the certificate of residency department.

Sometimes if you don't know the answer it's better to just say. I'm not sure because I don't have to do this I'm on a retirement visa.

You either misunderstood something or maybe you just got trolled by an IO.

I applied for a covid extension in CM as well as in BKK, in both cases I had only the TM30 as proof of address.

Edited by jackdd

1 hour ago, lpw997 said:

Sometimes if you don't know the answer it's better to just say. I'm not sure because I don't have to do this I'm on a retirement visa

Your OP stated obtaining covid extensions. Now you state "I'm on a retirement visa" (no such thing BTW).

Every one of your posts in this thread is in error along with your criticism of the correct advice given by many.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Your OP stated obtaining covid extensions.

What is a "covid extension"? Is that the temporary stay granted to visitors who were unable to return to their own country because of the shutting down of borders and air routes or the dire state of the pandemic at home? There can't be many countries in the world where it's impossible to get flights and vaccines, which were not available when the scheme started.

A few years ago the Thai Government clamped down on visitors achieving extended residence in the country by border runs. Perhaps their only motivation for continuing 'covid extensions' is compensating for the loss of tourist revenue. But there can't be much logic in relaxing the restrictions for tourists to come for a few weeks and return to their own country while continuing to issue extensions for people of the same nationality who say they can't go back.

Or have I got it all wrong?