A Billion Baht Worth Of Drugs Discovered

sriracha john

Drugs worth a billion baht found

Two men were arrested yesterday in Muang district trying to deliver almost 18kg of heroin and 15,400 speed pills worth more than one billion baht to Bangkok, police said. Hamadsan Doloh, 27, of Narathiwat, and Masa Udee Joheng, 22, were detained by tambon Songtham police at a road checkpoint.

Police stopped the four-wheel-drive vehicle the two were travelling in. They said a search found the drugs hidden inside the back seat and behind the door panels. Police said they discovered 17.9kg of high-grade compressed heroin and 15,400 methamphetamine pills in 77 bags. The street value of the drugs was estimated at more than one billion baht.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/03Jun2007_news05.php

=================================================

Two men held in major drug swoop

18kg of heroin, 15,400 'ya ba' pills found in truck as police act on tip-off

Two men were arrested for carrying heroin and methamphetamines at a Paholyothin Highway checkpoint in Kamphaeng Phet's Muang district on Friday morning, police said yesterday.

Following an informant's tip that a drug haul would be carried through their area of responsibility, Tambon Song Tham police set up a checkpoint and stopped a Toyota pickup truck with Bangkok licence plates coming from Tak.

Police said the driver, 27-year-old Narathiwat native Ahanadsan Doloh, and his 22-year-old passenger, Nontha-buri resident Masaudi Jehheng, had looked suspicious so they had searched the vehicle and found 17.9 kilograms of heroin and 15,400 methamphetamine tablets inside the truck's four doors.

The two suspects told police that Lee, a Narathiwat man in his late twenties, had hired them to drive Lee in his truck from Nonthaburi to Lampang's Big C supermarket on Thursday night.

They then met two hill-tribesmen who gave the two a pickup truck, which was later found with the drugs, for them to drive back to the Big C supermarket in Rattanathibet in Bangkok. The suspects insisted to police they had not known about the drugs. Police intend to search for their alleged hirer, who managed to escape arrest.

The two were charged with having narcotics in their possession with intent to distribute them.

Provincial Police Region 6 Commissioner Lt-General Wiroj Jantharangsee said the 17.9kg of heroin would be worth about Bt10 million in Thailand and about Bt1.22 billion if sold in the United States.

Wiroj instructed police to crack down seriously on drugs, which he said seemed to be spreading again, with the lower northern routes used as trafficking paths.

- The Nation

Of interest are the following quotes paraphrased for clarity from the above referenced article;

"Following an informant's tip" - It is an old game to let some drugs get 'caught' so the bulk can get thru. It makes a win-win situation for both the drug runners and the Police.

"Police said the driver and his passenger had looked suspicious so they searched the vehicle" - The Police were tipped off to begin with. Why pedal the "they looked suspicious" line, other than to back slap the incredibly perceptive skills the officer's utilized in apprehending the mules running the drugs?

This is nothing more than a 'look how good a job we are doing' pubiliticy stunt.

Whoo-Hoo, I feel safer already....

Of interest are the following quotes paraphrased for clarity from the above referenced article;

"Following an informant's tip" - It is an old game to let some drugs get 'caught' so the bulk can get thru. It makes a win-win situation for both the drug runners and the Police.

"Police said the driver and his passenger had looked suspicious so they searched the vehicle" - The Police were tipped off to begin with. Why pedal the "they looked suspicious" line, other than to back slap the incredibly perceptive skills the officer's utilized in apprehending the mules running the drugs?

This is nothing more than a 'look how good a job we are doing' pubiliticy stunt.

Could be true though, remember all roads going to Bangkok is litterd with checkpoints these days, to try to control any mass influx of potential troublemakers (TRT) supporters, I think it is maby the dumbest time any criminal could choose to transport anything by road just now, but then again criminals arent famous for their brain power :o

Kind regards :D

I think you should correct the title in "drugs worth 10 million baht found"

I would expect further reductions in the final count.

Don't be surprised if we find out later that only a few thousand pills where found.

I think you should correct the title in "drugs worth 10 million baht found"

I would expect further reductions in the final count.

Don't be surprised if we find out later that only a few thousand pills where found.

Will this be due to poor counting, or leakage?? :o

Surely they would have made it 100,000 baht's worth of drugs and not a billion if that was the case?