Hotel owners and associations positive over busy weekend business in Pattaya, boosted by domestic tourism

snoop1130

From link -  We believe on November 1st there will not be many international tourists but we will see more positive change after December 15th before the New Year.

So even they believe there will be no incoming tourists in November.

As for more positive after 15th, I cannot see why, the daft entry is just as daft after the 15th and the cost of the tickets to come start doubling.

Myself i think i'll see what happens in november, get my 3rd jab in the uk and go in mid january when hopefully the disaster of high season is being revealed, heath pass more settled and air tickets back to normal . What's 10 more weeks or so after 19 months 

6 hours ago, smedly said:

90% of Pattaya is closed - hope they had a great time wondering around darkened streets and shuttered businesses ..................................we are open - not

They came...... even with the decrepit condition of most of Pattaya, the dug up streets, closed bars, alcohol ban and curfew. (And rainy weather if I recall correctly). Sadly this may indicate that Pattaya can do OK without all that neon and raunchiness.

Mind you, if I worked 5 or 6 days a week commuting in Bangkok a break in Pattaya would look good. There is a large expanse of Beach for the kids to run around on. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

Jomtien Beach was certainly busier than usual over the weekend, and this has continued over the past couple of days. Many people on the beaches, despite the rain.  It got me wondering how the "online learning" is going for the kids, as it seems to be mostly families on the beach at the moment. I suspect that many children have not actually done much learning over the past year or so. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tony M said:

Jomtien Beach was certainly busier than usual over the weekend, and this has continued over the past couple of days. Many people on the beaches, despite the rain.  It got me wondering how the "online learning" is going for the kids, as it seems to be mostly families on the beach at the moment. I suspect that many children have not actually done much learning over the past year or so. 

Don't worry about it, they didn't do much learning before, and they won't do much after!

10 hours ago, smedly said:

90% of Pattaya is closed - hope they had a great time wondering around darkened streets and shuttered businesses ..................................we are open - not

The things Bangkokians like are open.  The malls, the beach, the beachside seafood restaurants, the big hotels in north Pattaya and Wong Amat, the seafood market at Naklua.  And, their Pattaya getaway condos.  North Pattaya Road was jammed when we were on it with a long line of cars waiting to get in to T21.  

ive just come back today after 5 days in Jomtien  ..never seen it do busy not even before covid   its the first time ive never been able to find a parking place on beach road...no shortage of drinking places ..bars and  beach  openly drinking not from coffee cups ...great to see

• Like 1

On 10/27/2021 at 12:22 AM, smedly said:

Even when we are fully open here, there will still be darkened streets and shuttered businesses.  

As the popularity of many Youtube channels seems to suggest, people are interested in the economic devastation here. 

Maybe closed Pattaya is a tourists attraction in its own right.  ????