Forum upgrade in progress! ×

In Dash Gps Navigator And Alternative Coil Springs For Fortuner

Hello,

After pondering for some months, I finally decided to get a Toyota Fortuner 3.0D4D Diesel. However, I would like to find out if there's an in dash GPS Navigator that comes together with DVD, Touch screen, MP3 available in the Thai market. I know the best portable system is the Garmin system but I was wondering if there's also an in dash one as well?

My second question would be the coil springs for the Fortuner's suspension. I understand that this SUV maybe slightly bumpy as it is based on the Hilux platform. Does anybody know what coil springs to recommend so that the ride becomes more comfortable?

Cheers

Hello,

After pondering for some months, I finally decided to get a Toyota Fortuner 3.0D4D Diesel. However, I would like to find out if there's an in dash GPS Navigator that comes together with DVD, Touch screen, MP3 available in the Thai market. I know the best portable system is the Garmin system but I was wondering if there's also an in dash one as well?

My second question would be the coil springs for the Fortuner's suspension. I understand that this SUV maybe slightly bumpy as it is based on the Hilux platform. Does anybody know what coil springs to recommend so that the ride becomes more comfortable?

Cheers

I have it on pretty good authority that only garmin do a map of thailand ( for gps ),.i have just purchased the map (14000 baht )for a unit bought in the uk. but before i say i dont think there is a double din sized unit for in dash installation it would be worth a word with the toyota dealer as i beleive gps is an option in the top of range camry and they must have a map . id be interested too !

not as original equipment no, The Fortuner doesn't have the option.

The Wish does (which is why we got a Wish and not a Fortuner...) and it works well as does the Camry.

I have seen numerous dealers offering after market 2din GPS but on every single occasion they were very shifty about where the Maps would come from...they all said...you need to get it yourself. This might just be me being slow on the uptake...but seemed odd never the less. I only tried 5 or 6 dealers though (we were thinking of a fortuner at the time) so i might just have been unlucky.

Plus...the Wish felt like a car...and the Fortuner felt like a truck, which is down to personal taste i guess.

yes, You are right. The Fortuner doesn't have the option that comes with OEM fitted DVD cum GPS Navigator. Guess the best option is to get an after market in dash DVD player and a portable Garmin GPS separately. That way my kids can still watch the DVD and I can use the navigator at the same time. Thank you for your opinion.