Thailand Pass details confirmed

webfact

1 hour ago, ourmanflint said:

Don't forget the Antigen test at the end of your first week... 

I may be mistaken - the Antigen test will be provided and is to be taken IF you feel symptoms  (that could be totally wrong) - In the ‘blurb’ it was also mentioned that you take the result and report it to the hotel. 

Thus: two possibilities: 

a) Take the ATK after one week and report the result to the 1 night AQ hotel you were in. 

b) Only take the ATK IF you have symptoms.

Realistically, the Antigent test kits are rubbish - I know plenty of people who have had Covid-19 which did not present on the ATK.

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

I may be mistaken - the Antigen test will be provided and is to be taken IF you feel symptoms  (that could be totally wrong) - In the ‘blurb’ it was also mentioned that you take the result and report it to the hotel. 

Thus: two possibilities: 

a) Take the ATK after one week and report the result to the 1 night AQ hotel you were in. 

b) Only take the ATK IF you have symptoms.

Realistically, the Antigent test kits are rubbish - I know plenty of people who have had Covid-19 which did not present on the ATK.

The rules say that you're supposed to use the ATK if you have any symptoms, or use it on day 6 even if you don't have any symptoms; you then report the result on the Mor Chana app. They also talk about reporting the result to your place of accommodation, but that doesn't seem to take into account that many people would no longer be in a hotel at that point.

Given that this seems to be somewhat on the honor system, I'm not sure what the point is, but I suppose it doesn't hurt for travelers to have the test in hand just in case. Even if they lie about the result to avoid being forced into a hospital, they can at least know to self-isolate at home. (Now let's see what the hotels charge for the ATK that costs 50 baht on Shopee or 99 baht at 7-11.)