Public schools in Pattaya are not ready to open for in-person learning on November 1st, say school officials

webfact

2 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Once the vaccination rate reaches 80%, or more, it then becomes a question of hospital capacity as to whether there will be any future lock downs.

It's true, many fully vaccinated people are still getting very sick, and still dying.  

Countries with a good health system may be able to cope with the numbers, do you think Thailand can in the future?  

"Living with covid" isn't about opening up once reaching 80% vaccinated and who out of the fully vaccinated dies, so be it.  Lives can still be saved. 

Also, could you imagine the negative publicity for Thailand to have big numbers of covid deaths, many being retired expats, who are in the at risk age range?  

Thailand will need to increase hospital capacity in preparation for fully opening up, otherwise, there will be more lock downs every time their hospital admissions reach maximum capacity levels.  

If they stop hospitalising every one who tests positive there will be loads of beds !

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I agree but up until recently you were hospitalised even if only asymptotic and not all insurance companies would be pay out for it.

People were hospitalised as a way of detaining them, because the Thai government knows most Thai's live hand to mouth, thus would still go to work, markets etc.  

How many Thai's have health insurance?  

2 minutes ago, Leaver said:

People were hospitalised as a way of detaining them, because the Thai government knows most Thai's live hand to mouth, thus would still go to work, markets etc.  

How many Thai's have health insurance?  

In the UK people were told to self isolate some did some didn’t, you can’t just lock people up. I am sure loads of Thais have/had COVID but never got tested because of the threat of being put in a isolation unit.

12 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

If they stop hospitalising every one who tests positive there will be loads of beds !

I am not sure that is the current policy, it certainly wasn't in the past. People who were asymptomatic were told to isolate at home. Now with the low number of tests here I am not sure if those are mostly already symptomatic or contact testing.

7 hours ago, paulikens said:

about 40 cases in pattaya yesterday, in a town that has a population of 200k, so its pretty rife and ripping through the town????

How many tests did they do?    Do you think that plays a part in the stats?