Any thoughts on this CoE situation ?

2 hours ago, Salerno said:

They just hadn't updated properly, they had by the time your friend got it (when rules changed previously times where updated on arrival).

I suspect so however I'm afraid that the hotel may try to extra an extra 6 days from me on arrival. I'm going to try for the Thailand Pass too first thing in the morning.

13 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

I travel on 3rd November and arrive in Thailand on 4th Nov. Applied for COE on Mon 25th October. Pre-approval on Thursday 28th. COE issued 29th October by RTE London.

HOWEVER: My COE states: 

"Period of Quarantine: No less than 7 days eligible to enter Thailand on the following scheme; (1) Exemption from Quarantine (after receiving negative RT-PCR test result) or (2) Sandbox Programme."

I submitted SHA+/AQ Hotel booking for only 1 day and that was approved.

A friend received his COE on 30th October and his simply says; " Period of Quarantine: Exemption from Quarantine (after receiving negative RT-PCR test result).

I'm alarmed by the bit that say's "No less than 7 days" period of quarantine. I have emailed the embassy.

Thoughts anyone?

All you have to do is revisit the link you received via email (the link where you accessed your approved COE) and you will find a revised COE certificate, i.e., one which reflects the changes in quarantine requirements, available for download.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TorquayFan said:

Salerno - I had the same problem as Eddie with 7 days AQ being quoted - I agree with you - it's been missed on the update. ONE day's ASQ it is, hopefully ! Thanks.

Eddie - FWIW I'm sure it'll be OK. Good luck.

I applied for Thai Pass as soon as it went live this morning. Also emailed the embassy. If neither of those come through then at least I'll be in Thailand and hopefully sense will prevail for only 1 night in the SHA+/AQ hotel. Good luck too TorquayFan! I was born in Torquay, Devon, UK is that where you are or Torquay in Canada or Australia?

25 minutes ago, fusion58 said:

All you have to do is revisit the link you received via email (the link where you accessed your approved COE) and you will find a revised COE certificate, i.e., one which reflects the changes in quarantine requirements, available for download.

Revisited the link just now and still say's "Not less than 7 days". 

2 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Revisited the link just now and still say's "Not less than 7 days". 

Strange - my revised certificate was available about 24 hrs after my COE was approved. It still says “not less than 7 days,” but there’s some additional fine print following that sentence that says “eligible for quarantine-free entry,” etc.

2 hours ago, fusion58 said:

Strange - my revised certificate was available about 24 hrs after my COE was approved. It still says “not less than 7 days,” but there’s some additional fine print following that sentence that says “eligible for quarantine-free entry,” etc.

Mine does say “eligible for quarantine-free entry,” below in smaller print however in bold above it say's "No less than 7 days". I know that it should eligible for quarantine free entry but we all know how some Thais might interpret things when it suits them i.e. an extra 6 nights in the SHA+/AQ hotel and the associated revenue it would bring.  

Edited by soi3eddie

Soi Eddie - born in London but spent many years in Newton Abbot (in Wilts atm) - I still follow TUFC - and the mighty Swatcats in Thailand - Nakhon Ratchasima FC ! ATB

Re the 1 day / 7 day wording - a 1 day booking for ASQ was accepted to obtain the CoE so I'd guess that's it - we'll see later ! Both links show the same wording - no revision.

Edited by TorquayFan
update
  • Thanks 1

On 10/29/2021 at 10:01 PM, TorquayFan said:

Thanks Ubonjoe - most helpful on several counts ! And I'm very happy to say you were right in saying - "I think you will get the COE early next week in plenty of time to board you flight."

Happily my torment was ended with a 'CoE' approval 23.55 last night !

Uakari - I wish you similar - I'm on Finnair on the 4th - you ?

We’re you accepted at Suvarnaphumi for a one night quarantine?

On 10/31/2021 at 11:32 AM, soi3eddie said:

I travel on 3rd November and arrive in Thailand on 4th Nov. Applied for COE on Mon 25th October. Pre-approval on Thursday 28th. COE issued 29th October by RTE London.

HOWEVER: My COE states: 

"Period of Quarantine: No less than 7 days eligible to enter Thailand on the following scheme; (1) Exemption from Quarantine (after receiving negative RT-PCR test result) or (2) Sandbox Programme."

I submitted SHA+/AQ Hotel booking for only 1 day and that was approved.

A friend received his COE on 30th October and his simply says; " Period of Quarantine: Exemption from Quarantine (after receiving negative RT-PCR test result).

I'm alarmed by the bit that say's "No less than 7 days" period of quarantine. I have emailed the embassy.

Thoughts anyone?

Were you approved for one night quarantine?

On 11/1/2021 at 9:27 AM, soi3eddie said:

Mine does say “eligible for quarantine-free entry,” below in smaller print however in bold above it say's "No less than 7 days". I know that it should eligible for quarantine free entry but we all know how some Thais might interpret things when it suits them i.e. an extra 6 nights in the SHA+/AQ hotel and the associated revenue it would bring.  

Pretty sure you can ignore the "no less than 7 days" sentence now.

A soon as the quarantine-free (i.e., one night) entry was approved, my ASQ hotel contacted me with the details of my refund (my original booking was for seven days.) They've already advised me re: my anticipated checkout date/time (pending negative PCR test result) and have arranged ground transportation for me from hotel to my residence.

• Like 1