Koh Samui Quarantine Free

My parents are coming to Koh Samui in mid December to visit us for Xmas, they’re fully jabbed and from UK. They’re flying into Bangkok & have a flight booked to Samui approx. 4 hours after arrival in Bangkok.

Is this currently possible or would they need to stay a night in an SHA hotel nearby to airport in Bangkok & fly to Samui the following day? 
 Its maybe a case of wait and see but thought I’d see if anyone had any info.

TIA

edit - it’s worth noting the flights are under 2 separate bookings, Cardiff to Bangkok and then Bangkok to Samui. I’m thinking it might have been preferable to have booked Cardiff to Koh Samui.

Edited by ryan15987532

I do not think two tickets makes any difference. With a single ticket, I believe disembarkation and immigration clearance in Bangkok would still have been needed. Currently, Test and Go in Bangkok would 100% be required, and I think this will almost certainly be true in December. Indeed, I would allow a full 36 hours at a minimum between Bangkok arrival and the onward flight to Samui. 

• Like 2

If you wanted to go into the Samui sandbox you have to set up flights as direct to Bangkok and then a special connecting flight to Samui.

It appears at this time you will need to do the one night quarantine in Bangkok at a AQ or SHA+ hotel and then you could fly on a domestic flight to Samui.

I think for flights going into Bangkok and then domestic would be less expensive than the flights direct to Samui.

• Like 2

I am sorry if I have not found an answer looking at other topics but my question is. What is Phuket plan for arrivals after Nov 1st with the RT PCR tests? From I am reading I am seeing from the CCSA that hotels will be responsible for getting the test to there guest for there one night stay?

I am not finding any hotels on Agoda that are sha + that are including or even mention providing the test to new guests under the new Thailandpass rollout.  Does anyone know if you can just get your test on arrival at the airport go to your sha + hotel and wait for your result within 24 hours?  Thank you

13 minutes ago, Scottie12 said:

They can transit in Bangkok only if they have a through ticket i.e. the airline they arrive in Bangkok with must have a code sharing agreement with Bangkok Airways.

They're flying to Bangkok with KLM who, after a quick google, appear to be partner of Bangkok Airways. I hope this covers the code sharing agreement you referenced. I wouldn't even know who to contact to get any answers though 

1 hour ago, ryan15987532 said:

They're flying to Bangkok with KLM who, after a quick google, appear to be partner of Bangkok Airways. I hope this covers the code sharing agreement you referenced. I wouldn't even know who to contact to get any answers though 

If I were you, I'd reach out to Bangkok Airways.

18 hours ago, ryan15987532 said:

it’s worth noting the flights are under 2 separate bookings, Cardiff to Bangkok and then Bangkok to Samui. I’m thinking it might have been preferable to have booked Cardiff to Koh Samui.

Not sure how it works if 2 separate tickets, but BKK air have specific 4 digit flights designated for the Samui sandbox, so passengers check through in BKK and continue to Samui. I know this arrangement works when issuing 1 ticket for both airlines.

4 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

I think you are screwed for now….come next year like January, the officials will learn that 99% of 2nd tests are negative and drop this stupid 2nd test…

these regulations are not based on science but regulators who want to control w/o evidence…

In my view, unless locally transmitted cases are extremely high, the authorities would not be happy with the idea of 1% of tourists walking around spreading Covid. The positivity rate would need to be a lot lower than 1% before they would consider removing the requirement.

2 minutes ago, JonMac said:

This was the rule:

Air ticket for a direct international flight to Koh Samui or international flight via Bangkok of Phuket that must be connected with approved sealed flights. 

Thanks all, I will get in touch with airlines. Might have to cancel Bkk - Samui flight and ensure that we select the sealed route. Will let forum know the outcome.

Ryan 

• Like 1

As @ubonjoe says, it seems right now like your parents need the first night in a SHA+ hotel in Bangkok, however situation might change between now and December.

The special Samui+ sandbox was based on single-ticket booking directly to Koh Samui - i.e. all through ticket with Bangkok Airways code share partners, where there was a special isolated transit are in Suvarnabhumi airport, and between two and four special connection flights for only Samui+ passengers - these routes have terminated per October 31st.

On Samui we have not heard anything about alternatives to this.

In the local Samui-forum there is an updated thread about transport to and from Samui and her sisters, link HERE...????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, khunPer said:

As @ubonjoe says, it seems right now like your parents need the first night in a SHA+ hotel in Bangkok, however situation might change between now and December.

The special Samui+ sandbox was based on single-ticket booking directly to Koh Samui - i.e. all through ticket with Bangkok Airways code share partners, where there was a special isolated transit are in Suvarnabhumi airport, and between two and four special connection flights for only Samui+ passengers - these routes have terminated per October 31st.

On Samui we have not heard anything about alternatives to this.

In the local Samui-forum there is an updated thread about transport to and from Samui and her sisters, link HERE...????

Thanks for the optimism and the link, I have followed it.

Seems unfair on Samui as this will surely put off many 2 week holidayers! 

8 hours ago, ryan15987532 said:

Maybe, but some will not be upset by the idea of a night in Bangkok (after a long flight) rather than waiting around for a connecting flight. Waiting hours at an airport when already tired is no fun. If you can get a hotel near the airport, the transfers between the airport and hotel do not need to be too much of a hassle.

13 hours ago, ryan15987532 said:

Thanks for your reply. I however don't think so, often the typical "two week holidayers" seemed to take a few days in Bangkok for habbit, experience and shopping...????