Transport from/to the islands Phangan, Tao and Samui

4 hours ago, goa4711 said:

"Masks must be worn at all times in public areas and in any vehicle with 2 or more people." - Does that mean I can ride my motorbike without a mask ?

The text says "in any vehicle", so to my understanding of the text, if you are "in" you can ride without facemask...????

Edited by khunPer
  • Haha 1

Important: You need a (negative) Covid test to enter Koh Samui
RT PCR Test (less than 72 hrs), or AG Rapid test, is now required for all visitors from Dark Red Zone and Red zone to enter Koh Samui. Visitors can no longer enter, or buy a ferry ticket, without a Covid-test.

My understanding was if you arrive by land from a red zone you need a negativ RT-PCR Test AND a proof you have been vaccinated.  These two requirments are in work since the 24th of july

But the info you posted shows the only requirement is a negative PCR Test not older than 72 hours.

Am I wrong?  
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, hadock said:

My understanding was if you arrive by land from a red zone you need a negativ RT-PCR Test AND a proof you have been vaccinated.  These two requirments are in work since the 24th of july

But the info you posted shows the only requirement is a negative PCR Test not older than 72 hours.

Am I wrong?  

You need to check with your transporter what is required from you. The above postings are the known official rules, where proof of fully vaccination together with negative test is for foreign arrivals in Samui+ program.

Hello Per,  i send inquiry to raja and seatran ferry already, waiting for reply

i am just confused, as this was your post from last friday. My understanding was a PCR Test was mandatory and option one - 14 days Qurantine or option two - proof of vaccine. But with your new posting from today it is now only a PCR Test or a rapid test necessary

grafik.thumb.png.08c3a69221b3bacc6f89ff599b00ac37.png

8 minutes ago, hadock said:

Hello Per,  i send inquiry to raja and seatran ferry already, waiting for reply

i am just confused, as this was your post from last friday. My understanding was a PCR Test was mandatory and option one - 14 days Qurantine or option two - proof of vaccine. But with your new posting from today it is now only a PCR Test or a rapid test necessary

grafik.thumb.png.08c3a69221b3bacc6f89ff599b00ac37.png

It change all the time, so does the spread of the virus. July 26th is the latest entry-rule I've seen and shared, your quote is from July 23rd, so now outdated by later changes. That's why I, and others, recommend to always check with the transporter, what they need of documentation right now...????

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Question re Samui Plus - does anyone know if they enforce requirement for round trip ticket? (Which would rule out t=returning expats...)

I would say it depends on your visa - if you are visa exempt or TR,  likely you need outbound ticket to get SoE. I had to have one in January entering with TR visa.

If you enter with O-A or non-o extension with reentry permit, unlikely to need return tickets. As far as I know Samui+ and the Phuket Sandbox don't require anything specific in regards to visas.

If you can book with mileage points, you can book 2 separate tickets and cancel the return when in Thailand usually with minimum or no penalty...this is what I did in January.

Hopefully someone with recent experience would reply, although I believe the Samui+ visitors so far are 2 digits when counted...

On 7/27/2021 at 3:16 PM, khunPer said:

Important: You need a (negative) Covid test to enter Koh Samui
RT PCR Test (less than 72 hrs), or AG Rapid test, is now required for all visitors from Dark Red Zone and Red zone to enter Koh Samui. Visitors can no longer enter, or buy a ferry ticket, without a Covid-test.

My daughter was due to go over to Phangan tomorrow, but we've just had a call from the ferry company asking if she's vaccinated, which she isn't because she's only 15...so they've said she needs a Covid test before she can travel over there (and I guess she'll need another before she can come back?)...can anyone shed some light on the costs/time frame/where to get tested please

4 hours ago, Neilly said:

My daughter was due to go over to Phangan tomorrow, but we've just had a call from the ferry company asking if she's vaccinated, which she isn't because she's only 15...so they've said she needs a Covid test before she can travel over there (and I guess she'll need another before she can come back?)...can anyone shed some light on the costs/time frame/where to get tested please

I believe that Dr Bew at Samui Home Clinic (Bangrak) does tests. They have a web site. I do not think that we can post telephone numbers so I will send a PM.

Call and check with them first because the rules are changing daily.

I understand that either type of Covid test is acceptable.

This from an email that I received a few days ago.

The test is 550b at Samui Home Clinic and takes 40mins.
There were no check points on the way down.
Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, gearbox said:

I would say it depends on your visa - if you are visa exempt or TR,  likely you need outbound ticket to get SoE. I had to have one in January entering with TR visa.

If you enter with O-A or non-o extension with reentry permit, unlikely to need return tickets. As far as I know Samui+ and the Phuket Sandbox don't require anything specific in regards to visas.

If you can book with mileage points, you can book 2 separate tickets and cancel the return when in Thailand usually with minimum or no penalty...this is what I did in January.

Hopefully someone with recent experience would reply, although I believe the Samui+ visitors so far are 2 digits when counted...

Not a visa issue but TAT website said book return flight hence the question.

Another issue is the informatiom  they require to be on the vaccine certificate (nationality, passport number etc) -- does not conform to what government issued vaccine card in my country has and AFAIK no possible way to get what they required here (USA).

Between this and not allowing separately booked connecting flughts they have effectively made iy almost impossible to participate in this scheme.

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Another issue is the informatiom  they require to be on the vaccine certificate (nationality, passport number etc) -- does not conform to what government issued vaccine card in my country has and AFAIK no possible way to get what they required here (USA).

Between this and not allowing separately booked connecting flughts they have effectively made iy almost impossible to participate in this scheme.

If you need to get to Samui, entering Phuket Sandbox might be an option, and then commute to Samui after 7 days.

Edited by khunPer
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, khunPer said:

If you need to get to Samui, entering Phuket Sandbox might be an option, and then commute to Samui after 7 days.

I think same issues (return ticket...type of info demanded on vaccine certificate) plus Phuket has to be a direct flight. I already have a return ticket into Bangkok, there is a small chance I could get it re-issued with a connection to Samui but no way I can get it changed to be direct to Phuket as the airline doesn't fly there.

I am a returning expat so have to come one way or the other, and if possible would rather be confined in a "sandbox" than a Bangkok hotel room. But it is looking very, very difficult if not impossible to arrange.

17 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

From the info we received this morning from Phan-gan they will only accept a PCR test and not a Rapid test...this came into force two days ago apparently. I've searched high and low but can't find anything online...the Rapid test is Baht 550, the PCR test is approx Baht 3,000 at the clinic (a lot more if you go to any of the private hospitals) and approx Baht 1,900 if you go to Nathon hospital

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I think same issues (return ticket...type of info demanded on vaccine certificate) plus Phuket has to be a direct flight. I already have a return ticket into Bangkok, there is a small chance I could get it re-issued with a connection to Samui but no way I can get it changed to be direct to Phuket as the airline doesn't fly there.

I am a returning expat so have to come one way or the other, and if possible would rather be confined in a "sandbox" than a Bangkok hotel room. But it is looking very, very difficult if not impossible to arrange.

If you already have a return ticket to BKK, you cannot use Samui+, to do that, you need an all-way-through ticket in code-share with Bangkok Airways. You could try if you can re-book your tickets to one for Samui...

217734280_352343439757299_28459680347972

There is a link for list of code-share partners HERE (scroll down a bit for the list).

Surat Thani's Governor is considering to delay the already approved Island-hopping after a mandatory 7-day stay in Phuket, due to the current COVID situation in Samui, Phagnan and Ko Tao. The decision will depend on the numbers in the coming 1-2 days.

Source: Samui Info by Nicha and Khaosod (29th July)...

%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%A7%E0%B9%87%E0%B8%9A%E0%

Khoasod article in Thai language โควิดบุกขึ้นเกาะ! ผู้ว่าฯสุราษฎร์ขอเบรกเที่ยวสมุย 7วัน+7 ล่อชะลอทุกโครงการ.

19 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

I believe that Dr Bew at Samui Home Clinic (Bangrak) does tests. They have a web site. I do not think that we can post telephone numbers so I will send a PM.

This from an email that I received a few days ago.

The test is 550b at Samui Home Clinic and takes 40mins.
There were no check points on the way down.

Dr. Bew's clinic has looked  busy whenever I have passed by the last few days. People sitting outside having swab taken. Maybe passengers for the Koh Phangan ferry as the pier is close by.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sheryl said:

You can participate easily in both schemes...as long as you don't have already a booked flight ending somewhere else (like BKK), and then trying to somehow get into the schemes. I would say this is probably an issue for returning expats who booked their tickets before the schemes and now are trying to utilise the schemes instead going ASQ in Bangkok.

If you have already a booked ticket to BKK the only chance to get into both schemes is that your flight somehow gets cancelled (by the airline or you), and then a new "one ticket" flight to one of the schemes is booked.

My last flight was cancelled and I rebooked it as Samui -> Europe -> Phuket (decided to use the Phuket Sandbox on the way back), absolutely easy to book, same as any other international tickets. The airlines are handling the "scheme" issues transparently, they'll book your connecting flight (or direct flight) to one which services the scheme. In case of Samui it could be verified at the time of the booking, the BKK-Samui flights would have a PGXXXX code.

In regards to requirement for return flight, I would say just try to get a CoE in advance with your existing flight and see what happens. I'm in the same shoes, my return flight on the ticket is the inbound flight into Thailand later this year, I don't have an outbound flight.

In the worst case you may need to book a short flight out that you can cancel later when you are in Thailand, e.g BKK-SIN or BKK-KUL.

Bangkok Airways extends flight suspension until August 10th, however Samui+ routes continues, i.e. the three special flights from/to Bangkok, and the Phuket roundtrip in the Sandbox model...

229215306_380126453473624_8094891994194089091_n.jpg.9c618dd5d89a0e1b9f94721281b032ee.jpg

10 hours ago, khunPer said:

If you already have a return ticket to BKK, you cannot use Samui+, to do that, you need an all-way-through ticket in code-share with Bangkok Airways. You could try if you can re-book your tickets to one for Samui...

217734280_352343439757299_28459680347972

There is a link for list of code-share partners HERE (scroll down a bit for the list).

As I said, getting return ticket reissued with codeshare connection to Samui is what I would try to do but before going to all that trouble I want to be clear on the other points i.e:

* That I can get COE without a return flight (one TAT site seems to say r/t booking is necessary)

* That a US CDC vaccination card will be accepted (TAT site says vaccination certificate must include passport number and nationality. US card does not include this.)

No point in going through hassle to reissue ticket if either of the above will still preclude entry.

• Like 1

Flights from Phuket suspended from 3rd August...

227504451_360075825650727_2826143598622550280_n.jpg.0a22de10204bac05f8ef367e529fbf3e.jpg

Bangkok Airways
" According to the Phuket provincial orders (4202/2564) regarding
COVID-19 control measures for domestic travel. In order to abide by the prevention of surveillance operations in accordance with the requirements and orders, Bangkok Airways Public Company Limited regrets to announce the temporary suspension of Samui – Phuket (v.v.) from 3 August 2021 until further notice.

However, the current Samui sealed routes, flights accommodating transit/transfer international passengers, connecting from Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi) to Koh Samui (2 flights per day) will still be operated as normal. Additionally, the planned Samui – Singapore route (v.v.) will still be available 3 flights per week (Monday, Thursday and Sunday) to support the country’s Samui Plus Model project.

Passengers affected by temporary flight suspensions may have fees waived for rebooking or alternatively may request a refund in the form of a travel voucher to be used for future ticketing. Passengers can make any necessary changes up to 24 hours prior to their flight. More information can be seen at www.bangkokair.com/travel-voucher (terms and conditions apply).

Passengers who wish to amend their travels with no new specified travel date (open ticket) can submit their request via https://forms.office.com/r/WjcEEfQX2L within 24 hours prior to the proposed departure date. The airline will use the information provided via such form in order to further accommodate passengers.
Passengers can contact the airline via the following channels;

• Call Center: Tel. 1771 and 02-270-6699 (during 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.)
• PG Live Chat: https://bit.ly/PGLiveChatEN
• Email: [email protected]

Passengers who booked their tickets through travel agencies are advised to directly contact their agents for further arrangements. "
Edited by khunPer