THAI flights, no free date change

eddi

I'm looking for a flight back to Thailand in November under the Thailand Pass system, many airlines  especially the Gulf ones offer free date change , useful if you have problems with the new entry requirements.

However, the only one with direct flights is THAI but they want to charge for changes which could make them the most expensive. Guess I'll have to book with a 1 stop airline.

THAI.jpg

• Haha 1

You are wrong Sir. Thai Airways from your chart above, offer free date changes. You just just need to book a "full flexi" ticket. Don't be a Cheap Charlie! Sorry, I'm just joshing you on this.

To be honest that is the fare that I always buy (well used to) with Thai. Your price in Euros and arrival time suggests that you are not in London. I always bought this full flexi fare from London-Bangkok-London as soon as it went on sale for about £829 GBP. I bought my current ticket 4/11 & 10/12 back in Jan 2020 but due to pandemic am only using it next week after they extended the validity due to cancellations in 2020. IF one was to buy the same ticket again it would be over £1,300 GBP a huge rise of about 56% on what I paid for same ticket, same dates last time! The new normal. Now to add insult, I was sitting on "FREE" Gold Award upgrades to Biz Class. Normally the extra charge is about £100 GBP. Now they added a "Fuel surcharge" and "Gold Award admin fee" of £298 GBP. To be fair I did change this ticket many times for FREE so it has value to me. Plus, (other will disagree) I beleive THAI offer the best on-board service from Europe direct, non-stop to Thailand.

• Like 1

By the way, these are one way prices as THAI cancelled my return flight last year. They did offer me a refund but I'm still waiting for that. I emailed them 2 weeks to ask if I could use the refunded amount to buy new tickets, still waiting for a reply.

3 hours ago, eddi said:

useful if you have problems with the new entry requirements.

Daft question, but why on earth would you book - or even look to book a flight - if you had problems with any of the entry requirements as is  ? Would only be an issue if Thailand suddenly made them even worse in short notice

3 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

You are wrong Sir. Thai Airways from your chart above, offer free date changes. You just just need to book a "full flexi" ticket. Don't be a Cheap Charlie! Sorry, I'm just joshing you on this.

To be honest that is the fare that I always buy (well used to) with Thai. Your price in Euros and arrival time suggests that you are not in London. I always bought this full flexi fare from London-Bangkok-London as soon as it went on sale for about £829 GBP. I bought my current ticket 4/11 & 10/12 back in Jan 2020 but due to pandemic am only using it next week after they extended the validity due to cancellations in 2020. IF one was to buy the same ticket again it would be over £1,300 GBP a huge rise of about 56% on what I paid for same ticket, same dates last time! The new normal. Now to add insult, I was sitting on "FREE" Gold Award upgrades to Biz Class. Normally the extra charge is about £100 GBP. Now they added a "Fuel surcharge" and "Gold Award admin fee" of £298 GBP. To be fair I did change this ticket many times for FREE so it has value to me. Plus, (other will disagree) I beleive THAI offer the best on-board service from Europe direct, non-stop to Thailand.

Has anybody noticed names of the 'new Thai Inter directors / senior operational managers?

Just wondering if there's any new blood, therefore, hopefully new customer facing attitudes and strategies?

But I won't be surprised if the board /  Snr M.ment hasn't changed. 

Edited by scorecard

27 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Daft question, but why on earth would you book - or even look to book a flight - if you had problems with any of the entry requirements as is  ? Would only be an issue if Thailand suddenly made them even worse in short notice

on skyscaner there is a new option - flexible flights.

Don't bother with anything else, even if cheaper or more convenient.

Emirates gives free insurance on top.

If you are bend on flying thai, or any other not flexible airline, do buy ticker only after negative test and after confirming flight is not cancelled. You can buy ticket at the airport just an hour before departure.

if TG did not give you refund (or even don't want to credit it toward the new ticket) it means that they are dysfunctional, never to be trusted. It's failed airline. Just recently they went through bankruptcy.

If they never reply to your emails how are you going to change date (if would be not possible to do so on their website) or solve any other urgent issues? 

• Haha 1