u know all those travel credits air asia issued. do you think they are gonna honor them? is air asia a vacced only airline now?

yogi yogi

air asia was successful at beginning of pandemic in not giving refunds on air tickets but gave air credits.  first good for a year and then i think they extended them to two years now.  i wonder if they gonna honor them now?  secondly i heard air asia malaysia is only allowing fully vacced pax on flights. ?  i wonder if that will affect thai air asia? 

I've got a small Air Asia credit, 4500 baht. I think they would honour it if i booked a flight but i guess the problems with travelling will exist for some time so i may never be able to use it. Certainly if they want 3rd jabs to fly in the future i will not be going anywhere.

Edited by Henryford
  • Like 1

I fly tomorrow to Bangkok and have used Air Asia credits.

My credits occurred after cancellations in March 2020, so I think with Thai air Asia you are OK.

I am fully vaccinated and will be wearing a mask so no issue with that aspect.

Edited by Scouse123

34 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

I went for the refund option rather than the flight credit.  This was last year.

Still waiting for the refund.

They send me an email every few months to tell me they are still not paying refunds, and asking me if I'd like to reconsider the credit.

They are clearly on the verge of bankruptcy, so I don't want to fly on a bankrupt airline due to concerns about safety and maintenance, so I'm sure I'll never get my refund or fly with them again.

Same same, pretty much.

Plus they have absolutely ZERO phone cs.

No live chat.

No response to emails.

I would not deal with any company with this situation - even more so with an airline, even more so with an airline during pandemic.

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

Still waiting for the refund.

Plus they have absolutely ZERO phone cs.

No live chat.

No response to emails.

Sad story but true it seems.!

I would suggest 'question everything' if you can contact anyone to pose the questions to.

In 2019, just after pandemic struck we had AirAsia X flights booked, $900, thankfully booked and paid for from Australia.

AirAsia offered credit or refund, we opted for refund, nothing for 10 months, even after pressing them at least a dozen times, they kept trying to push us onto a credit, in the end I decided eventually they would go belly up (which they have) and handed it over to the local consumer protection agency, refunded 3 weeks later.

All creditors for AirAsia X are now being offered 5c/$1.
So glad we got consumer protection involved.

As for Thai AirAsia, whilst they are still flying I'd be wanting either flights or refunds, who knows if they will go belly up too, their parent company owes $5 billion.

No means of contact is worrisome.!

Does suggest they are in deep schtook..!

• Like 2

Has anyone downloaded the Airasia app and managed to make it work. I keep trying but am unable to access Krabi to Bangkok schedules and costs.

I had five years of flying with Airasia between Australia and domestically in Thailand and when the Covid hit they had little chance of survival. Airlines such as Qantas, Singapore, British Airways and of course Thai all received enormous sums of public funds to survive, Airasia was on its own and its no wonder they are broke.

I hope they survive as without competition we will all pay much, much more.

At the moment Thai AirAsia (TAA) is 55% owned by Asia Aviation (AAV) plc, which is listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand, and 45% owned by AirAsia Group Berhad (from Malaysia).

On 20th October, AAV announced a shareholding restructuring plan which will provide Bt14bn (about USD419mn) of new capital by issuing convertible bonds and new shares to new and existing shareholders. It appears that at the end of this process, AAV will own all the shares in TAA and the previous major shareholder, AirAsia Group Berhad, will own no shares. The full announcement is 70 pages long...I have attached the 1-page version.

asia-aviation-plc-formulates-new-restructuring-plan-capital-raising-strategy-for-sustained-service-and-in-support-of-nation-s-reopening.pdf

5 hours ago, scorecard said:

A twist, I see they are now offering and 'add on' to their basic ticket prices. With the add on passenger can change date/time of flight.

But, as said, passenger can't contact them, so how does the ticket holder get the change completed?

Please don't say the passenger should use 'AVA', this 'chat bot' is as useless as a wheel on a walking stick. 

yes ava is frustrating. for sure.  what a waste of time,  but im still curious if air asia would honor the credit i got from them 1.5  years ago. u know they did extend the date to use the credit one extra year. that is something at least.  

9 hours ago, marin said:

double vaxxed to fly Air Asia Thai domestic.

u are saying that to fly domestic on thai air asia u must be fully vacced.   personally i think all airlines should do that . but air asia is particularly heavy handed.  think about it an airline that you literally have no way to speak to.  does that fernandez guy have an email

12 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

yes ava is frustrating. for sure.  what a waste of time,  but im still curious if air asia would honor the credit i got from them 1.5  years ago. u know they did extend the date to use the credit one extra year. that is something at least.  

A few days ago I made an online booking Bangkok to Chiang Mai (one way) with many extras, I got to the payment screen, all the normal options, VISA, MASTERCARD ETC., plus an option to use my substantial AirAsia credit.  I didn't click to complete the payment because my son asked me to rethink the flight date.  But perhaps it's a positive that the option to use my substantial AirAsia credit came up automatically. I should also mention that when I opened the site I logged in to my personal AirAsia account.

• Like 1

Just now, scorecard said:

A few days ago I made an online booking Bangkok to Chiang Mai (one way) with many extras, I got to the payment screen, all the normal options, VISA, MASTERCARD ETC., plus an option to use my substantial AirAsia credit.  I didn't click to complete the payment because my son asked me to rethink the flight date.  But perhaps it's a positive that the option to use my substantial AirAsia credit came up automatically. I should also mention that when I opened the site I logged in to my personal AirAsia account.

to be honest air asia aint a bad airline. they started to get more lax on carry on. i think because policing it got to be too much.   but i can warn you if you carry sports equip for the cheaper rate.  beware.  they xray it to make sure its sports equipment and if it aint.  u get stuck with day of departure price for luggage.  gotcha!

7 hours ago, yogi yogi said:

u are saying that to fly domestic on thai air asia u must be fully vacced.   personally i think all airlines should do that . but air asia is particularly heavy handed.  think about it an airline that you literally have no way to speak to.  does that fernandez guy have an email

Tony Fernandez is Malaysia Air Asia - I think that is a separate business to Thai Air Asia.

22 hours ago, millymoopoo said:

who knows if they will go belly up too, their parent company owes $5 billion.

No means of contact is worrisome.!

Does suggest they are in deep schtook..!

I would suggest every airline is in the same situation.

(unless backed by a government with bottomless pockets)

saw a program yesterday that picked out Thai Airways, Garuda and AirAsia as the 3 most indebted airlines in Asia, bankruptcy is quite likely. Suggest you use your credits soon, and only book new flights by credit card (which gives you some financial protection}.

• Thanks 1