Entry to Thailand 1st Nov rules

Hello All, 

I need to return to Thailand ASAP, but had been holding out for the Nov 1st scheme, via 1 day in BKK Hotel. 

I arrived back from a 5 day holiday to Italy on Oct 28th, and have just checked the London Thai visa immigration site and it clearly states "applicants must stay in UK for 21 consecutive days before departure" - for the Nov 1st scheme. (I have a small passport visa stamp from Italy :(. ) 

(I thought they were either scrapping this rule, or it was 21 days in any of the approved countries - Italy included, which their strange wording suggested) 

I am now in a pickle as what to do... My wife is not going to be happy!! 

If anyone has any suggestions it would be much appreciated, e.g. I could potentially go through the phuket sandbox program if this rule doesn't apply for that,but would rather not if possible... 

The 21 days seems quite excessive.. 

Thanks in advance, 

Joe

• Like 1

Italy is one of the listed countries.

This what is states on a infographic on the London embassy website.

image.png.8901e5cd2795903825ad7cfc08b030e3.png

It appears to state that you can enter if you have been in any of the listed countries for a total of 21 days.

1F19E786-9D3D-4656-B3AD-55E8E160CB5D.jpg

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Italy is one of the listed countries.

This what is states on a infographic on the London embassy website.

image.png.8901e5cd2795903825ad7cfc08b030e3.png

It appears to state that you can enter if you have been in any of the listed countries for a total of 21 days.

1F19E786-9D3D-4656-B3AD-55E8E160CB5D.jpg

Hi Ubonjoe, 

Thank you for your prompt reply. 

I was/am hoping this is the case, and that the London embassy site has misinterpreted it, as they have rewritten it as "21 days in the UK" (screenshot attached) - which would be a very restricting/strange rule... For example I plan to layover in Finland on the way to bkk (another approved country). 

Hopefully it will become clearer on Mon Nov 1st 

Thanks again 

Joe 

Screenshot_20211030_115750.jpg

I was just reading a Bangkok Post news article hot off the press as of 4:32pm today/30 Oct 2021 and it referenced a Ministry of Foreign Affairs weblink regarding insurance requirements for those expats living and working in Thailand to return to/reenter Thailand once the country reopens 1 Nov 2021.  See MFA link below.

https://www.mfa.go.th/en/content/thailand-pass-faqs?cate=5d5bcb4e15e39c3060006842

DOCUMENTATION

1. I am an expat living and working in Thailand, do I have to submit an insurance policy document?

- Expats living and working in Thailand under a valid visa or residential permit are required to provide proof of insurance coverage in Thailand or valid social security card or certified letter from their employer.

- Thai nationals are not required to provide proof of insurance coverage as they are covered by Thailand’s universal healthcare programme.

6 minutes ago, Pib said:

I was just reading a Bangkok Post news article hot off the press as of 4:32pm today/30 Oct 2021 and it referenced a Ministry of Foreign Affairs weblink regarding insurance requirements for those expats living and working in Thailand to return to/reenter Thailand once the country reopens 1 Nov 2021.  See MFA link below.

https://www.mfa.go.th/en/content/thailand-pass-faqs?cate=5d5bcb4e15e39c3060006842

What is proof of insurance coverage?

3 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

What is proof of insurance coverage?

If it's like before providing a copy of your insurance policy to confirm it provides at least 50K USD medical coverage to include COVID.

Edited by Pib

3 hours ago, Pib said:

This kind of say that you don't need the "spy app". No phone is OK.

And it seams to be from a Thai ministry. 

There might be hope after all. :thumbsup:

3. What if I do not have a mobile phone, how could I present my QR Code?

- If you do not carry a mobile phone with the QR Code, you may print out a hard copy of the QR code and bring it with you to present it to the officers at the airport.