Thailand increases number of 'low risk' countries from 46 to 63

Jonathan Fairfield

7 minutes ago, Lemonltr said:

Isn't that the lowest standard starting  quote offered before stating age (max 74)? 

No idea, I'm 56 and they quoted me 31,500. There didn't seem to be an age criteria for the rate in the quote

Screenshot_20210928-132236_Drive.jpg

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1

I am insured from a Canadian insurance company for $1M, it includes Covid-19 related medical expenses, it is pretty deep in the documentation though, how do I prove to the immigration agent that I have coverage for Covid-19 ?  

Do you guys have any idea?  I am guessing the insurer will not accept to write a letter, I will talk to them tomorrow but it seems complicated to say the least.  Oh, and here (Quebec) they charge around $200 for a PCR test and only in big cities... lovely.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, peter zwart said:

Satish Sehgal, chairman of the India-Thai businessmen association, said Indians should be included in the 'low risk' list as Indian tourists are amongst the top 5 spenders in Thailand, visiting the country for tourism, weddings and business. 

Yep, that is the criteria

As soon as he said it he slipped a big fat envelope and it wasn't Kamagra!????

Edited by thailand49
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Albert Zweistein said:

Surprising to see Romania on the list, presently 12 to 16,000 daily infections. 400 to 500 daily deaths on a 19 million population while double jabbed below 30 %.

Money makes the world go round ?

The new rules Nov 1 st don’t require fully vaccinated ? Crazy !

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Pretty much the Tourist Visa Exempt countries (with a few exceptions like Andorra), and some Bilateral.

Chile.

Is the Visa on Arrival program still suspended? 

India and Russia citizens will require a Visa, correct?

In 2007, Thailand and Russia signed a visa waiver agreement. Since then, the number of Russians that have come to visit Thailand has simply exploded. Between 2007 and 2011, the market share of Russian tourists rose from 1.9% to 5.3%. 
Russian passport holders are allowed to stay in Thailand for up to 30 days without obtaining a tourist visa.

7 hours ago, Gustomucho said:

I am insured from a Canadian insurance company for $1M, it includes Covid-19 related medical expenses, it is pretty deep in the documentation though, how do I prove to the immigration agent that I have coverage for Covid-19 ?  

Do you guys have any idea?  I am guessing the insurer will not accept to write a letter, I will talk to them tomorrow but it seems complicated to say the least.  Oh, and here (Quebec) they charge around $200 for a PCR test and only in big cities... lovely.

In my area of CA, I paid $235 for a PCR test (same day results)! And before I returned to the US, 5500 baht (about $180) for the same test at PIH! So $415 extra added to my holiday just for testing...and then there's the insurance.  

As I mentioned in another thread, check with the airline you are using. Some include complimentary Covid insurance as part of the airfare. JAL does this, 31 days of coverage from your date of departure. I spoke with their rep, they said they would provide a certificate for Thai immigration. I believe Qatar Air does as well. I was unaware of this my last visit.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Gustomucho said:

You could maybe request of your Canadian insurer a letter SIMILAR to this AXA letter:

https://thailandgi.cdn.axa-contento-118412.eu/thailandgi/14f7160b-9dcb-4535-9d85-5b6f3927ed6f_Sawasdee-Document-02.pdf

Nothing is right or wrong. Thailand has to open up as the front line people can’t no longer afford to live. On my recent trip to the north the night  market was totally empty and vendors begged us to buy anything to get a few baht. This is the reality. Have to die one way or the other. Cases will rise surely and as long as the healthy system can take it we can move forward. It will take years for recovery 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

Foreigners already inside Thailand pay no insurance for Covid. Laos, Malaysia, Indonesia, Burma, India ,Vietnam no insurance for Covid? Been vaccinated three times I pay for Covid insurance to enter. Got It!

Laos, Malaysia, Indonesia, Burma, India ,Vietnam nationalities are NOT exempted from Covid insurance.  

19 hours ago, Senyo said:

and Hong Kong for that matter. 

That was a tongue in cheek slap to the face at givers of the China-19 virus .  No one thinks HK is a country. But the boys in Peking think Taiwan is not a country.

• Like 1