Thailand now reopens! Summary of Thailand Pass and guidelines upon arrival explained

snoop1130

13 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Yeah you’re right.  I guess those who are discouraged from paying the extra £50 or so for the extra test/tax will stay put. 

I wouldn't find the test discouraging.

Rather if book a holiday of 2 weeks, and the test despite the 2 shots and negative test result before flight, for whatever reason comes back positive ...

Then what?

If travel with friends and some positive some not, how that vacation of 2 weeks will go from there?

What if someone was planning to visit for a week or so only?

Meanwhile, unvaccinated ppl from neighbor countries are welcome!

I have bunch of friends wanting to visit, but they opt to wait for now. 

And the extra cost the reason.

But the extra uncertainty of the what-if, and the alcohol-nightlife ban, along with the potentially daily changing new rules.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

I read your link and it is incredible , more like a deterrent to visit Thailand and trying to get the Thailand Pass would be a nightmare for computer tech dinosaurs  . I have not read or seen how much the insurance would cost for the over 60s / 70s . That's if it is gettable .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, JCP108 said:

Right. You first have to do one or two nights in the quarantine that is not a quarantine.

If the test result is positive, then it will extend to more than 14 days in hospital

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlaskaDave said:

AFAIK, the Chiang Mai airport is not open for international flights yet. The SHA+ hotels you see listed in Chiang Mai are for domestic travel only.

As for the glitch in the Thailand Pass site when attempting to upload docs, there is a workaround someone posted earlier. I haven't tried it but several people who did report success.

Try this workaround: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/thailand-pass-workaround-for

Which are the SHA hotels for international flights into CM?

I don't have the list handy (I just tried to find it) but there are quite a few to pick from when the Chiang Mai airport does reopen. I talked at length via email to the "Sleep, Mai?"  hotel near the airport and thought I had gotten a good deal at 1400 baht per night until I realized we were talking about a domestic arrival. They are not set up to do the required secure transport or Covid testing so for me, at this point, it's going to require a layover in Bangkok to do the Covid test.

By the way, I bought US$50K insurance from an outfit called IMG (imglobal.com) that will work for anybody up to age 79. Very smooth service and they have an excellent, easy to navigate website. They have a wide range of deductibles that brought my rate down to $260 for a two-month contract. Documents are sent immediately via email or direct download (or both).

Good luck to everyone. Now, to buy tickets and try to use the Thailand Pass system.

On 11/1/2021 at 9:43 PM, Kadilo said:

Yeah you’re right.  I guess those who are discouraged from paying the extra £50 or so for the extra test/tax will stay put. 

Those that stay for one week in Pattaya for less than 1000bt a night ( and their are plenty, both tourists and hotel rooms) will not be impressed with a basic hotel costing a minimum of 4000 bt per person for one night. Whether it deters many or not is pure conjecture. 

20 hours ago, JCP108 said:

Anyone had their vaccine certificate accepted without their passport number photoshopped onto it?

I have just registered two requests for the thailand pass and uploaded the certificates. The registration was successful and I received the e mail of confirmation within a minute for each demand. 

I am waiting to see if it passed but so far all documents. included the original vaccination certificates, were accepted. I will keep you posted but, if rejected, I will not know why I guess

• Thanks 1

On 11/1/2021 at 9:57 PM, superal said:

I read your link and it is incredible , more like a deterrent to visit Thailand and trying to get the Thailand Pass would be a nightmare for computer tech dinosaurs  . I have not read or seen how much the insurance would cost for the over 60s / 70s . That's if it is gettable .

I myself have to hire someone just to deal with the Thailand Pain In The A$$ website. Not worth the money and hassle. I can fly into Malaysia soon with no stupid website, no stupid covid insurance, no stupid quarantines, no stupid profit driven Covid tests, and best of all I don,t have to lick anyones shoes on arrival.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1