Money originally sent from abroad transferred to an other Thai Bank. Can i still obtain foreign currency confirmation letter

Good morning,

Over the last 2 years, I've transferred from europe around 1M baht to Kasikorn in a dozen of small transfers.

I want to move this money to an other Thai bank (SCB) to get a better interested rate. The account with SCB is already opened.

Just wondering, in case of i want to use this money one day to buy a condo, can I still obtain the necessary confirmation form from kasikorn that the funds are coming from abroad if i've moved all the money to SCB?

Thanks

You've already had that confirmation from Kasikorn, surely?   

A fund transfer from one Thai bank to another, within Thailand, does not constitute funds coming from abroad to your SCB account so how could SCB provide that certification?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You've already had that confirmation from Kasikorn, surely?   

A fund transfer from one Thai bank to another, within Thailand, does not constitute funds coming from abroad to your SCB account so how could SCB provide that certification?

Yeah, I wrote "can I still obtain the necessary confirmation form from kasikorn that the funds are coming from abroad".

To be more precise, I Should have said: If I use this money that will be deposited in the future with SCB to buy a condo, can KASIKORN provide any needed confirmation that the funds came one day to them from abroad before being transferred to SCB.

OR should I ask Kasikorn for this form before moving the money? In that case will it be valid with no limited date in the future for condo purchase?

I never bought a condo so the exact form of what they need as a proof of fund coming from abroad is unknown to me.

Hope it is more clear and that someone who have experienced this situation can answer.

Edited by prb

9 hours ago, Kwasaki said:
11 hours ago, prb said:

can I still obtain the necessary confirmation form from kasikorn that the funds are coming from abroad if i've moved all the money to SCB?

Frankly I think the best way is to ask Kasikornbank.

Yes, it's odd how so many OPs ask questions here that can easily be answered by their just asking the people who are actually in the position to give a definitive, accurate answer!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, it's odd how so many OPs ask questions here that can easily be answered by their just asking the people who are actually in the position to give a definitive, accurate answer!

You know that any question a bit tricky has a big risk to be replied by "Cannot" and then you can never go back to that same personn even if you prove her wrong.

Thanks for your interest anyway

Edited by prb

16 hours ago, Moonlover said:

You'll need to ask Kasikorn for an FET for each deposit transaction and then keep a record of the money's movement from there to SCB.

Thanks I will visit a branch to get the documents before moving the funds then.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, prb said:
14 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You know that any question a bit tricky has a big risk to be replied by "Cannot" and then you can never go back to that same personn even if you prove her wrong.

Thanks for your interest anyway

You know that, regardless of what the opinions of members of the forum are regarding your question, it's the banks' answer that matters?   

You cannot respond to your banks' decision with "but an anonymous stranger with no banking connection whose answer was what I wanted to hear said that's not what he thinks".

Sorry that I couldn't give the response that you wanted to hear.

• Haha 1