Will I be required to leave Thailand

I get you had an unforeseen accident and damage to the passport.

I had a similar problem when pushed into a swimming pool with the damn thing in my shorts in BKK years back. I'd politely give the embassy a call and enquire as Ubon J advised. If you can go there direct to collect you'll save the days of postage to get to you.

In my damage case I showed them the passport at the Aussie embassy (BKK - nice mornings exploration of that part of town and the embassy) ... they advised to renew while in LOS before returning to Australia (some 4 months later).

They said: if the imbedded chip and hologram fail in-transit I'd be in a world of problems. This new passport took about 5 or 6 weeks if memory serves ... I had to personally attend the (amazing architecture) embassy in BKK to collect (I saw where some of my taxes had gone lol ????)

I renewed by British (dual-citizenship through dear old dad) and it took 2.5 months to return to me in OZ from London (2015). I also renewed my Aussie passport for a 50 pager before I left the sunny shores of my birth (2019) even though I had a few pages still empty. I always cary along with me Thai drivers license, copy of my passport and visa page, and my Yellow book ID pages - in colour photocopy form, and  laminated.

I mean; now that I am retired I no longer spend my days supporting people through existential life threatening problems I now laminate everything in site lol ????????