ACS Insurance experience [Recommended by AA Brokers]

Sabbas

So after AA Brokers was recommended here several times, I contacted them for an insurance.

To my surprise they recommended me an insurance I have never heard before – ACS Insurance (from Allianz). Now it looks good, but the problem is that you can almost find 0 reviews on the internet about that insurance company even though they are in business since over 40 years.

Anybody here that can give me some first-hand experience with them? 

Cheers!

AA Brokers had also recommended ACS to me 8 years ago. I stuck with them for 4 years, without ever having to make a claim but the premium was increasing each year by more than 15%, so I subsequently cancelled and now have a policy issued with AXA (a lower premium that increases every 5 years and no interference by a broker was necessary). In the event that I did have to claim I reckon it would have been inconvenient sending the receipts etc. to Paris for reimbursement.

• Like 1

Interesting I've just done a quote with Axa for healthcare seeing they got mentioned, The premium was "very reasonable" in my opinion if you remove the very high levels of coverage and remove the outpatient coverage

My view was a requirement mainly to cover strokes heart attacks trauma etc of which I have no (touch wood) history of to date..

As a 61 year old that came in at £1346 annual IF you choose an excess of £2.000. Lower that excess to zero and it doubles

That was a lot less than I expected at the 2k excess level

Edited by Chivas
  • Thanks 1

I have been with ACS for four years,  but never claimed.

If I recall correctly, I am billed in USD, but have to pay to a french bank in Euros, so there is a fee there. From 1st Jan. Last bill was just under 3700USD including admin fee. No outpatient.

This year I put in a claim for a non urgent operation.

I wanted it done at Bumrungrad. They told me the quote was too expensive and wanted me to have it done at Bangkok Hospital.

They did agree to my request to try and negotiate the price down with B'grad, but still insisted I first have a consultation at Bangkok Hospital. 

Unfortunately, due to the lockdown at the time, and no flights from Samui to Bangkok, I had to cancel.

I also received quotes from AA for ACS and April, April also being a French company with a presence in Thailand. Looking at Cigna as well as they are similarly priced. The ACS experiences above from Mark and phetphet are quite helpful. 

Anyone have experiences to share with April or Cigna, good or bad?

On 11/3/2021 at 11:48 PM, Ashokan said:

I also received quotes from AA for ACS and April, April also being a French company with a presence in Thailand. Looking at Cigna as well as they are similarly priced. The ACS experiences above from Mark and phetphet are quite helpful. 

Anyone have experiences to share with April or Cigna, good or bad?

Don't think it's a concern about being French (in relation to Allianz, I had a bad experience with it and it's partner David Shield/Passport Card when they decided to close down an affiliate named Hautevlle -  under UK rules - and "invited" existing customers to move to an EU-governed  policy.  Premiums skyrocketed a year or two thereafter.....).  I said adieu and have coverage now with April International

• 2 months later...

Been with AA/ACS for 8+ years, never made a claim, but premium was increasing annually.

2 years ago I checked ACS website directly and to my surprise the online quote was almost 40% cheaper than AA was charging me. AA's response was "you belong to an old pool where premiums tend to go up etc'. I called them on their b/s, lack of responsibility to inform me on better options upon renewals and ended my r/ship with them.

After canceling my contract with AA I signed up with ACS directly. This year premium is up agan for no apparent reason. For next year I'm considering https://www.wrlife.net/medicalStep1.php#0

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For comparison: my Thai wife is with Pacific Cross, her premium is about the same as mine with ACS, but she uses her insurance constantly (some hormonal issues, pregnancies etc). Everything is covered, sometimes on the spot, sometimes in retrospect. Her insurance I consider one of the best investments we had. 

On 1/20/2022 at 6:39 AM, andreww said:

For comparison: my Thai wife is with Pacific Cross, her premium is about the same as mine with ACS, but she uses her insurance constantly (some hormonal issues, pregnancies etc). Everything is covered, sometimes on the spot, sometimes in retrospect. Her insurance I consider one of the best investments we had. 

Is Pacific Cross a Thai insurance company?

Cheers

As AA are a Thai company one cannot say anything negative about them due to deformation laws.

However in a story about an insurance broker I have been using (which I will not name), following their poor advice has left me uncovered in a huge number of situations costing me tens if not hundreds of thousands of baht over the last few years.

• Haha 1

On 1/22/2022 at 8:03 AM, internationalism said:

yes, the pacific is thai. They are the cheapest and do cover seniors. Always go by the agent. Dealing directly with insurer might be less successful 

not sure they're cheapest, but their policy covers lots of stuff other insurers won't touch with a 6ft pole. We tried looking for alternatives (just not to miss out on good deals laying around), and even agents from other insurers (not brokers) keep telling us that PC's cover is far superiour. 

On 1/20/2022 at 12:37 PM, andreww said:

Been with AA/ACS for 8+ years, never made a claim, but premium was increasing annually.

2 years ago I checked ACS website directly and to my surprise the online quote was almost 40% cheaper than AA was charging me. AA's response was "you belong to an old pool where premiums tend to go up etc'. I called them on their b/s, lack of responsibility to inform me on better options upon renewals and ended my r/ship with them.

After canceling my contract with AA I signed up with ACS directly. This year premium is up agan for no apparent reason. For next year I'm considering https://www.wrlife.net/medicalStep1.php#0

I also changed to dealing direct with my insurer after a broker issue. My current insurance though is up 25% after making a claim and looks like it will remain up for a good while (see my other thread).

wrlife looks interesting, anyone know anymore about them?

The local $ plan is less expensive than the local Thai plan for more coverage (?) $20000 ≈650k Baht vs 400K Thai plan am I missing something. Any experiences with them? Thanks.