Non-O reentry permit

I was on a spouse extension visa and I am now in the UK. To cut a long story short, I didn't get a re-entry permit before leaving Thailand. 

I now have 8 days until I hopefully fly back to Thailand (flight booked), but with apparently no visa in my passport. 

Is there enough time to get a 60 day tourist visa? Or any other options available to me?

Thank you for your continual help, this forum really is a continual life saver!

4 minutes ago, Joejoejoejoe said:

Yes eventually, I would have to transfer the 400k to my bank account and wait the 2-3 months, so no immediately in any case

Best to enter visa exempt. 

You have options after that to gain time (if needed) to obtain your non O. 

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I don't think you have enough time to get any visa and then apply for a Thailand Pass.

You can enter visa exempt and then apply for a non-o visa based upon marriage at immigration.

I have already applied for Thailand pass, and put "other" under intended purpose of stay, and 120 days for period (when I stupidly thought my marriage extension visa was still valid).
Other than that I don't think they ask specifically what visa I hold - I assume they may check when they look up my passport, and then deny my Thailand pass...(I submitted it yesterday)

Do you think it would be worth applying for an online 60 day tourist visa and hope they approve my Thailand pass?

Or resubmit the pass (I still have one week until my flight) and state I will be only staying for 30 days. 

It would be great if I could arrive visa-exempt? However I do not have the 400K in my bank account to apply for a marriage extension straight away, so would have to wait for the 2 months first. 

Any thoughts appreciated. 

Joe

9 minutes ago, Joejoejoejoe said:

It would be great if I could arrive visa-exempt? However I do not have the 400K in my bank account to apply for a marriage extension straight away, so would have to wait for the 2 months first. 

You could enter visa exempt and obtain 30 day extension.

You can also apply for 60 day extension to visit wife.

You have options available to provide time to organize your funds.

The non O will provide a 90 day stamp during which time you can season the 400k for the required 2 months for your 12 month extension.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Joejoejoejoe said:

You will have to apply for non-o visa at immigration to apply for the one year extension.

To apply for it you only need 400k baht in the bank on the day you apply. Then during the last 30 days of the 90 days the non-o visa will allow you can apply for the one year extension based upon mariage.

• Like 1

You transfer the money now + arrive on visa exempt + extend 30 days tourist first + 60 days wife after + 1 year after that. As it is quiet you could do the extension of 30 days + 60 days likely at the same day too.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

You transfer the money now + arrive on visa exempt + extend 30 days tourist first + 60 days wife after + 1 year after that. As it is quiet you could do the extension of 30 days + 60 days likely at the same day too.

He cannot apply for a one year extension without first getting a non-o visa at immigration that is required.

8 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

If he transfers 400k into bank he would not need 30 day extension or the 60 to visit wife extension.

He could apply for the non O straight away.

That gives him 90 days which is enough to season money and obtain his 12 month extension.

Edited by DrJack54

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

He cannot apply for a one year extension without first getting a non-o visa at immigration that is required.

So in theory, can I arrive on visa exempt, + extend 30 days tourist first + 60 days wife after + 1 year after that..

And then apply for a new one year marriage certificate in Thailand?

2 minutes ago, Joejoejoejoe said:

So in theory, can I arrive on visa exempt, + extend 30 days tourist first + 60 days wife after + 1 year after that..

You cannot apply for a one year extension of stay without first getting a non-o visa. A non immigrant visa is one of the requirements to apply for the one year extension.

You can apply the non-o visa with a visa exempt entry. You can apply for a the 30 day extension to get more time to apply for the non-o visa that gives a 90 day permit to stay that you can extend for one year.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

You cannot apply for a one year extension of stay without first getting a non-o visa. A non immigrant visa is one of the requirements to apply for the one year extension.

You can apply the non-o visa with a visa exempt entry. You can apply for a the 30 day extension to get more time to apply for the non-o visa that gives a 90 day permit to stay that you can extend for one year.

Thank you very much. 

I will start with resubmitting my "Thailand pass" as I still have a week before my flight, taking into account I will be on a "visa exempt"..
I will then cross the next extension hurdles as soon as I arrive in Bangkok. 

Unless otherwise advised?

16 minutes ago, Joejoejoejoe said:

Unless otherwise advised?

Ubonjoe will know best regarding formal rules. You could always use an agent once here, if something goes wrong. I used to use the 30 + 60 options a lot based on child but the agent since takes care of my yearly extensions.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Ubonjoe will know best regarding formal rules. You could always use an agent once here, if something goes wrong. I used to use the 30 + 60 options a lot based on child but the agent since takes care of my yearly extensions.

Great thank you!