MorChana and "Thailand Plus" killing battery

NorthernRyland

Since I arrived in Phuket I have both of these tracking apps installed on my phone which account for a significant percent of my battery usage (30+%) as I don't use my phone often. Upon entry to Phuket they said "we don't use Thailand Plus" and told me to install MorChana, so now I have both.

Seriously how long do they expect us to have these things installed? All of CM is rife with COVID and I'm in the same places as everyone else making the information from the app totally useless.

4 minutes ago, McTavish said:

Best reason to turn them off!!!!  

Yes I could turn them off of course but I'm worried I'll get in trouble. ???? I haven't heard of any reports about tourists getting deported for tampering with the app but who knows.

Just checked now and MorChana has used 57% of the battery since the most recent charge!!!

Why are there 2 of these anyways? The COE required Thailand plus and Phuket made me install MorChana right in the airport. Maybe I can delete that since I'm not in Phuket anymore?

13 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

The COE required Thailand Plus so I think that's that important one. MorChana may have been something for Phuket only. 

Don't you love clarity 555

I though Thailand Plus was superseded by MorChana (MorChana is required for TP). Both seems overkill and the battery drain isn't good.

2 minutes ago, Salerno said:

I though Thailand Plus was superseded by MorChana (MorChana is required for TP). Both seems overkill and the battery drain isn't good.

When I arrived in Phuket I opened the app for them (like I did 3 times during all my connecting flights) and they said "we use this one" and told me to install it right then and there. Why? I have no idea. Does that mean Thailand Plus is obsolete already?

Just now, NorthernRyland said:

Does that mean Thailand Plus is obsolete already?

I have no idea. I'd just keep the one they told you to use, for now at least. Can't say I've read any reports of it being useful. Do they both show the same sort of things?

Just now, NorthernRyland said:

yes basically. Just taking GPS locations and probably sending them to big brother HQ.

On the plus side, I doubt anyone at HQ could analyse the data ... if it made it there given how shonky their apps are.

I have downloaded the MorChana app and tried to scan the code which I have on the Covid 19 vaccination certificates, but to no avail and my phone simply says, "record not found"?

Is it a fault with the app, or my use of the phone (which is quite possible because it's a new iPhone, and I am new to it as well).

In addition, do I need to worry about this? I have lived in Patong for 15 years and have no need to travel in Thailand or overseas in the near future, but thought that it would be handy to have my vaccination certificates on record/file.