Is Covid visa extension a tourist extension or Non-O extension?

My UK friend has a retirement extension expiring soon. He want to apply for a Covid-19 extension instead of a one-year extension.

With that new extension, is he considered a tourist now, or is his status still “Non-O”?

On 11/5/2021 at 4:13 PM, ubonjoe said:

It is a 60 day extension of the permit to stay he got from a non-o visa when he used it to enter the country.

Once the person got the 60 days extension (CODIV Visa extension), then would it be possible for him to get a new NON-O  extension without leaving the country? 

3 hours ago, matteo73 said:

Once the person got the 60 days extension (CODIV Visa extension), then would it be possible for him to get a new NON-O  extension without leaving the country? 

If you entered using a non-o visa and extended the permit to stay (it is not a visa) it allowed you could apply for a new one year extension of stay after getting a 60 day covid 19 extension of stay. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you entered using a non-o visa and extended the permit to stay (it is not a visa) it allowed you could apply for a new one year extension of stay after getting a 60 day covid 19 extension of stay. 

I have entered on a Tourist VOA and then recently I did get a NON-O and extended the permit to stay for 1 year.
Which is what I am on at the moment. Now I'm considering applying for the COVID VISA and I am curious to know If after that I'd still be allowed to appy for a new NON-O without leaving the country

Thanks in advance, you're so helpful 

Edited by matteo73

7 minutes ago, matteo73 said:

I have entered on a Tourist VOA and then recently I did get a NON-O and extended the permit to stay for 1 year.
Which is what I am on at the moment. Now I'm considering applying for the COVID VISA and I am curious to know If after that I'd still be allowed to appy for a new NON-O without leaving the country

Thanks in advance, you're so helpful 

I am sure you entered on a visa exempt entry that allowed a 30 day entry not a VOA that only allows a 15 day stay after paying a 2000 baht fee for it.

You now a have non-o visa entry since you applied for it at immigration. When you apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension of stay (it is not a visa). You could apply for a one year extension of stay after getting the covid 19 extension of stay since it extended your entry from the non-o visa..

• Thanks 2