Non Immigrant O visa advice needed

Need someadvice on this Non Immigrant O visa. Myself and my wife,who is Thai are booked up to come to Thailand in February 2022 and we are going to stay for 90 days. While we are there,if it's possible,we might visit Vietnam for a week as we've never been before. When I asked the Thai Embassy in London for advice they said that in order to apply for a Non O visa( multiple entry) I'd have to prove that I had an income of £10,000 per month! Or for a single entry Non O visa, an income of £1000 per month. This can't be right surely? I thought you had to have the  equivalent of £20,000 in the bank,which I have but £10000 per month! I'm sure that there are people on here who have that sort of income but i would suggest that the majority,like me do not. Just seems ridiculous for a 90 day visa.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Far easier to get a tourist visa, 60 days on entry, which you can extend in Thailand by 30 days, or 60 days to visit your wife.  If you do make it to Vietnam do it towards the end of the 60 days and then re-enter Thailand visa exempt for 30 days. A lot will depend on the ongoing COVID entry requirements at the time which are not easy to predict, I wouldn't be making a side trip if Thailand Pass/insurance/testing/quarantine is still going on.  As for the financial information you were given it's nonsense. 

6 hours ago, Upnotover said:

Far easier to get a tourist visa, 60 days on entry, which you can extend in Thailand by 30 days, or 60 days to visit your wife. 

Why do you think it would be easier to a tourist visa since he qualifies for a non-o visa based upon marriage. Both have the same financial requirements. A non-o visa does not require ticket out of the country to apply for it.

Another is there is no need to extent to get a 30 day extension since the non-o allows a 90 day entry.

9 hours ago, chaam said:

Need someadvice on this Non Immigrant O visa. Myself and my wife,who is Thai are booked up to come to Thailand in February 2022 and we are going to stay for 90 days. While we are there,if it's possible,we might visit Vietnam for a week as we've never been before.

if you want to travel to Vietnam during the 90 days you could apply for a singe re-entry permit (1000 baht) that would keep the remainder of the 90 day entry valid when you enter the country.

26 minutes ago, CFCjeff said:

Ok, so what are the financial requirements for a non o based on marriage, the thai embassy London website just says provide financial evidence and proof of income but does not give a figure.

It states one of the 2 not both. "Financial evidence e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings"

People have gotten the visa issued with a bank statement showing the equivalent of 20k baht in a bank that is the amount needed to apply for a most visas.

50 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It states one of the 2 not both. "Financial evidence e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings"

People have gotten the visa issued with a bank statement showing the equivalent of 20k baht in a bank that is the amount needed to apply for a most visas.

Thanks Joe.

Thanks for the advice everyone. Just received a response from the Thai Embassy in London(on a Sunday!) after I queried the financial requirements for a non o visa, they've basically said apply for whatever visa you think you need and if they require any additional documentation they'll let me know. Didn't answer my question so i don't think that they actually know what's required. I'll apply for the Non O visa ( single entry) and if possible to visit Vietnam,see what's available to us at the time without affecting the Non O visa.

11 minutes ago, chaam said:

Just for information this was the info given to me by the Thai Embassy in London which lead to my original post.

Screenshot_20211107-104628_Email.jpg

That is not information from the Thai Embassy London website.

For one, the Non O ME Visa hasn't been available since the online E-Visa application system was introduced.

Non-Immigrant Type (Visiting or staying with applicant's family resided in Thailand (more than 60 days) - single entry only)

• Proof of relationship to a family in Thailand, e.g. a copy of marriage certificate / birth certificate / certificate of adoption
  • Personal details of a family in Thailand, e.g. ID card, Passport and the visa page or stay permit in Thailand
  • Proof of accommodation in Thailand e.g. hotel bookings, invitation letters from family/friends in Thailand
  • Financial evidence e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, proof of sponsorship from a third party
  • Confirmation of legal residence in the UK or Ireland

Non-Immigrant visas - Royal Thai Embassy, London

There is no minimum financial requirement based on Thai spouse. A bank statement or proof of state pension is sufficient.

Tanoshi,If it's not information from the Thai Embassy in London where is it from? I posted on here to ask for help,I took a screenshot of the email they sent me to show people what lead to my initial post and now you are basically calling me a liar? Why? If you work for the  Thai Embassy in London I suggest that you advise your colleagues that were responsible for sending me the email. If not,email them and see what response you get! 

1 hour ago, chaam said:

Tanoshi,If it's not information from the Thai Embassy in London where is it from? I posted on here to ask for help,I took a screenshot of the email they sent me to show people what lead to my initial post and now you are basically calling me a liar? Why? If you work for the  Thai Embassy in London I suggest that you advise your colleagues that were responsible for sending me the email. If not,email them and see what response you get! 

I stated it wasn't from the website, which I copied and pasted.

It appears to be very old information as the Non Imm O ME Visa they mention hasn't been available for a long time.

44 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

It appears to be very old information as the Non Imm O ME Visa they mention hasn't been available for a long time.

Yes it must have been. The content of the email the Thai Embassy London sent me was sent to me on 5th November,a couple of days ago. Make of it what you will. 

18 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

9 hours ago, ba ba said:

you can foget vietnam untill july next year i left there 3 weeks ago after been traped there for 21 months

9 hours ago, ba ba said:

you can foget vietnam untill july next year i left there 3 weeks ago after been traped there for 21 months

Thanks ba ba,I thought it was unlikely but at least we know now. We'll have to look for an alternative destination in the area,any suggestions/ recommendations? 

What are people using for these requirements for UK citizen doing an E-visa NonO, please.

4 Proof of the permanent residence in the country where the application is submitted"

9 . Applicant must apply for e-Visa via specific Embassy/Consulate conforming with his/her consular jurisdiction and residency. Applicant is required to upload document that can verify his/her current residency.

9 minutes ago, bartender100 said:

4 Proof of the permanent residence in the country where the application is submitted"

9 . Applicant must apply for e-Visa via specific Embassy/Consulate conforming with his/her consular jurisdiction and residency. Applicant is required to upload document that can verify his/her current residency.

4. Your passport photo page to prove you are a UK citizen. 

5. You live in the  country where the embassy or consulate is located or a country that they are within the area of jurisdiction. 

You do not have to prove that since you a Uk citizen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

4. Your passport photo page to prove you are a UK citizen. 

5. You live in the  country where the embassy or consulate is located or a country that they are within the area of jurisdiction. 

You do not have to prove that since you a Uk citizen.

Thank you for the info, all coming together now