Phuket crime blitz nets 11 guns, 147 drug arrests

Jonathan Fairfield

1636168541_1-org.jpeg

PHUKET: Police across Phuket have arrested 11 people for illegal possession of firearms and netted 147 drug suspects in a ‘Crime Mobilisation Campaign’ run last month aiming to clamp down on crimes across the island ahead of the full reopening to international tourists on Nov 1.

The arrests and seizures were confirmed through a report of the campaign results released by Phuket Provincial police yesterday (Nov 5).

The campaign, which was run nationally between Oct 20-31, was aimed at detecting and eradicating crimes ahead of the Nov 1 reopening to fully-vaccinated tourists from 63 nations in order to install confidence and a notion of safety in local residents and visitors to the country alike.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-crime-blitz-nets-11-guns-147-drug-arrests-81936.php

pkt..jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-11-07

• Haha 2

84 arrested on outstanding warrants, so up to now the cops did FA. I think in a line up these 2 would stand out.

But it does remind me of a Scot who entering OZ, was asked why he had not declared an outstanding warrant in the UK for fighting, he simply answered '' i didn't think it was that outstanding '' with laughter all round they waved him through. :cheesy: