Thailand stresses digital, sustainable economy at APEC Ministerial Meeting

webfact

bec039d61efc7a3aba6c3a0041a874e8_small.jpg

By Tanakorn Sangiam

BANGKOK (NNT) - Leaders from 21 APEC member countries are now participating in several meetings held as part of APEC 2021 Leaders’ Week hosted virtually by New Zealand. The Thai Minister of Commerce said Thailand had proposed guidelines on economic recovery in yesterday’s Ministerial Meeting, with a particular focus on digitalization and sustainability.

The Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Commerce Jurin Laksanawisit yesterday participated in a Ministerial Meeting of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) held in a virtual format, where he has delivered Thailand’s statement on economic recovery guidelines.

The Minister of Commerce said Thailand recognizes the increasing role of digital technology in trade, especially since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. Thailand continues to support the APEC Putrajaya Vision 2040 that focuses on the preparation of the general public and businesses for the digital economy, and that the country will be working together with APEC economies in promoting digital economy and online work.

In his speech, Mr. Jurin said Thailand supports the implementation of its Bio-Circular-Green economic model to push forward the country’s micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs), with a seminar on this topic set to take place next year.

Thailand is willing to support regional economic groupings with participation from the private sector, including the Free Trade Area of the Asia-Pacific (FTAAP), and the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) which Thailand ratified on 28 October.

The Minister of Commerce said Thailand wishes to see success from the 12th Ministerial Conference (MC12) of the World Trade Organization in December, urging APEC to play key roles in pushing for MC12 outcomes, particularly on better access to COVID-19 vaccines, fisheries support, and the establishment of e-commerce regulations.

nnt.jpg
  • Haha 1

Digital:  does Thailand Pass belong to this field ?

If that is the case, file it under "test for the future elaboration of a digital pass" 

It will look better if the proposal is scrutinised ( Mind you, no need for an elaborate investigation )

Been 3 years and the online 90 day reporting still doesn't work reliably.  My wife has to take reams of printouts and spend hours in government offices whenever she needs a simple government service.  Would be nice to achieve a 00s level of e-government first.  

21 hours ago, Jimbo2014 said:

Been 3 years and the online 90 day reporting still doesn't work reliably.  My wife has to take reams of printouts and spend hours in government offices whenever she needs a simple government service.  Would be nice to achieve a 00s level of e-government first.  

Been around since 2015 as online...... and has worked fine for me for many years, never had to mail in a 90 day report or do one at immigration for over 4 years now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Been around since 2015 as online...... and has worked fine for me for many years, never had to mail in a 90 day report or do one at immigration for over 4 years now. 

You are lucky. Not everyone gets this long run of online 90 day reports. Sometimes something clicks in the system and it doesn't work anymore, sometimes it just works again. Like magic ????

2 hours ago, RobertHima said:

You are lucky. Not everyone gets this long run of online 90 day reports. Sometimes something clicks in the system and it doesn't work anymore, sometimes it just works again. Like magic ????

I have had to come back to it later a few times... and I was fortunate my renewals straddled the last long outage about a year ago. 

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Im envious.  Never worked for me and they keep telling me at Nonthaburi Immigration that it isnt working for them.  Seems very selective.  

29 minutes ago, Jimbo2014 said:

Im envious.  Never worked for me and they keep telling me at Nonthaburi Immigration that it isnt working for them.  Seems very selective.  

Immediate 'Approved" for me  with Chonburi/Jomtien

• Like 1