custom made mosquito screens

domdom

13 hours ago, pomchop said:

reminds me of screens installed at a house i once owned while away...they put the screens on the inside of the sliding glass windows so every time you wanted to open or close the window you had to remove the screen..TIT

Our screens are on the inside, but the screen slides the same as the window, it's on a different track than the window. In Australia the insect screens are usually on the outside, but not here.

16 hours ago, pomchop said:

reminds me of screens installed at a house i once owned while away...they put the screens on the inside of the sliding glass windows so every time you wanted to open or close the window you had to remove the screen..TIT

Leave the windows unlocked and open them from the outside!

5 hours ago, pomchop said:

so i have to go outside, climb a ladder to open a second floor window?  no thanks

Are you from the USA (where you left your SOH?). I recall in the first home I rented here, the bug screens were on the outside and retained by simple little plastic catches. Unfortunately the street I lived on had an awful road, consisting of loose stone and dirt and dust was everywhere when someone drove past.... it came in through the screens, but some got caught up and they always needed cleaning. They also used to stop any breezes too. My current place has  less dust and I manage without bug screens. Have a couple of bug-killing gadgets sparking off in the lounge and bedroom is kept closed. 

6 hours ago, pomchop said:

so i have to go outside, climb a ladder to open a second floor window?  no thanks

No man you just use a long piece of bamboo to reach up and slide it.  All Thai houses have a long piece of bamboo for doing various tasks, it is required by the building code.

• Haha 1

On 11/14/2021 at 1:08 PM, domdom said:

Sliding good quality white aluminium with fiber net apparimately 2 m high per 1.10 width 2000 bahts

Have a good afternoon

You are good to go with the nylon fiber netting, but check if this Fon also offer metal screens. 

I just fitted metal screens and it looks great.

10 minutes ago, domdom said:

She does but recomends fiber.. In other windows I have both one window with metal and one with fiber and I prefer fiber..

Have a nice day

Fiber is probably the better choice is certain locations, so good call.

Our window have 10 hours of direct sun and it made the fiber brittle.

The metal have a beautiful shine to it on sunny days and virtually invisible on cloudy days.

• 5 weeks later...