Truffles,thailand?

uptou

we were looking around the food market today,& came across these small soiled vegetables.my other half told me they were similar to mushrooms,& are only around at a certain time of year.

not sure what they were but are there truffles in thailand?

Yeah. I know these too. They're little black things in a ball form, kind of amorphous though. The Thais go crazy for them and eat them straight boiled, or as an addition to gaengs. They're expensive too. I was under the impression they were called het hop (het= mushroom), but when I asked them to spell it, it was Het Top (tor toong, or ang, bor bai mai). At least that's what they call 'em up here in Chiang Mai.

Going by everything I know about them, I'd indeed call them a Thai truffle. They're smelly a bit, strong taste, and definitely a fungus that grows below ground. Black to boot. That sounds like a truffle to me.

I know the ones you mean. You sometimes see buckets of them at the market, at certain times of the year. When my wife wakes up I'll get her to type in the name of them...

Jeez, I thought my Missus wasn't bad on the pillow but she's never slept for 3 days. :o

As i know ,there is no truffles in Thailand.

Shintake is an aromatic mushy and you can find here

shiitake_mushrooms_300dpi.jpg

And Hed Cone is the most expensive mushy in LOS

Resize%20of%20DSC020761.JPG

but either of them comes close truffle

Bambi,

Where can you buy them? Paragon?

I know the ones you mean. You sometimes see buckets of them at the market, at certain times of the year. When my wife wakes up I'll get her to type in the name of them...

Jeez, I thought my Missus wasn't bad on the pillow but she's never slept for 3 days. :o

:D:D the thais are no1 snoozers.

that's the little b*ggers.thanks for the photo.