Dark-Red Zones Shrink to 6 Provinces

webfact

S__38527123-e1636703626591-1-1536x806.jpg

BANGKOK, Nov 12 (TNA) – The Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration reduced the dark-red zones of maximum and strict disease control to six provinces and set the reopening of entertainment places in January next year.

CCSA spokesman Taweesilp Visanuyothin said the center chaired by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha resolved to downsize dark-red zones from seven provinces to six provinces namely Tak, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Narathiwat, Pattani, Yala and Songkhla.

Chanthaburi changes from a dark-red zone to become one of 39 red zones of maximum control.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-822303

tnalogo.jpg

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

CCSA spokesman Taweesilp Visanuyothin said the center chaired by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha resolved to downsize dark-red zones from seven provinces to six provinces namely Tak, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Narathiwat, Pattani, Yala and Songkhla.

Yet CM remains in critical condition but not  dark red zone?

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Yet CM remains in critical condition but not  dark red zone?

CM has many cases true, but the province is actually 2M people. Also, the cases are mostly asymptomatic and now they are starting to put people under self-isolation when possible so the load on the facilities is not too high. Perhaps not so critical.

I am not sure what kind of logic or algorithm they use to define dark-red, if any. I remember, for Phuket duirng the original 14-d sandbox they used some criteria of average infections per week, then when the infections went through the roof they simply changed the rule and kept Phuket open.

I suppose that CM will be just red (how appropriate ;-) at least until Songkran and the long holiday in mid-December, to please domestic tourists. Just remember to order beer in a tea mug.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

I am not sure what kind of logic or algorithm they use to define dark-red, if any. I remember, for Phuket duirng the original 14-d sandbox they used some criteria of average infections per week, then when the infections went through the roof they simply changed the rule and kept Phuket open.

I think that clearly highlights that no logic algorithm is being used at all.... 

... All decisions being made are simply emotional as those in positions of decision making power want to be seen do be ‘doing something’....  when really not much can be done covid is going to run its course no matter what happens.

Now that so many people have been vaccinated only genuine metric by which to measure the severity of any outbreak is serious hospitalisations and deaths (i.e those who have fallen seriously unwell from Covid).