Visitor's Visa To The Uk For My Tgf

Could anybody please help me,

I am 37 years old, I meet my TGF back in July last year; she is 19 years old 20 in October and works in my friends bar in Pattaya. I stayed with her for 4 weeks back in July last year, went back and spent 4 weeks with her in January this year and spent another 5 weeks with her this April.

I am going back in July to spend 2-3 weeks with her, but this time I’m looking at obtaining a visitor’s visa for her to come back to the UK for a holiday with me.

I do not own my own home as I live with my parents, but we have the room to accommodate her and I have a letter of support from my parent’s and copies of deeds ECT,

I have compiled a file showing my,

Last 12 months bank statements and savings,

Last 2 years wage slips,

P 60

Itemized phone bills showing calls to Thailand,

Photos of me and her family,

Photos of my home,

Letter of support from parents re her staying at our home in the UK,

Deeds of the house,

Letter from work stating current 18 years employment with “Social Services”

Copies of my passport

What are the chances of me obtaining a visa for my TGF?? And what other documents should I submit???

Also Should I use a visa agent or should I apply direct to the Embassy??

Will I also need to take out medical insurance for my TGF to come to the UK?

Could anyone please, please give me any advice?

Many Many thanks

cfrmatt

You're in a similar situation to me a few years ago. You've got everything YOU need, and more, but the decision will also be based on your girlfriend and her background.

My girlfriend was at an advantage because she had travelled before (and returned) which made things much easier. You'll need to convince the relevant people that she will return to Thailand, and have proof and evidence to support that.

Good luck, and keep us informed.

As andy1308 says you have sufficient evidence that you can support your girlfriend in the UK but the crux of the matter is will your girlfriend leave the UK at the end of the trip.

She has got everything going for her in the UK but what has she got in Thailand? Does she have a steady job and / or property? If so you need to demonstrate to the ECO that she is likely to return.

It is not a requirement to have medical insurance, unlike the Schenghen countries, but you will be aware that she will not have access to medical treatment on the NHS, so you might find that it gives you peace of mind.

Good luck.

What are the chances of me obtaining a visa for my TGF?? And what other documents should I submit???

Your g/f is the applicant and she must show

1) She has sufficient funds for the trip

2) There is suitable accomodation for her in UK

3) She has a compelling reason to return to Thailand at the end of the trip.

As a sponsor you have the first two points covered for her pretty well but in view of her background I would think she will have difficulty to provide evidence of the third point and this is where most applications fail.

See Info for visitors (point 6)

No agent will be able to help her any more than you can help her.

Edited by Mahout Angrit