USA visa exempt.. Was it ever 90 days

I had it in my mind that Americans (N American, USA) could get a 90 day visa exempt same as S American, Brazilians (argentines, peruvians, etc). 

A quick google says clearly they now dont.. But did they ever ?? 

Could have sworn they used to. 

The US has never gotten a 90 day visa exempt entry.

The countries that get 90 days are under a bilateral agreement that allows Thais entering those countries a 90 day entry as well. This from the list for visa exempt entries.

image.png.9e212558b4866cdf7bb55c56539a04a1.png

3 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

If a US tourist came to Thailand in the late 1970s was it only 15 days tourist Visa allowed?

Strange with USA not able to obtain visa exempt entry to Vietnam (mind you neither can AU), but they are the  only country that I'm aware of whose citizens can obtain a 12 month multi entry permit to that country. Weird.

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Strange with USA not able to obtain visa exempt entry to Vietnam (mind you neither can AU), but they are the  only country that I'm aware of whose citizens can obtain a 12 month multi entry permit to that country. Weird.

That may be due to the former refugees who lost their Vietnam citizenship.

Their are now 2 million plus Vietnamese Americans. I know one who got his back. He said he paid 400 dollars. The subject came up recently I attended a funeral in US my Father and friends talked about visiting Bangkok and Club Med Phuket around 1977 they said you could only stay 2 weeks. 

Is that true?

Edited by Captain Monday

50 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

I also thought Koreans had a 90 days visa exempt too.. 

That was dropped due to corvid 19. It may be revived later when South Korea allows Thais to enter for 90 day visa exempt entries.

Current list of countries is here. 

List of countries for visa exempt and visas on arrival dated October 2021.263.57 kB · 1 download

• Thanks 1