Why no flights from utapo to phuket

Worldplus

Can't find an air Asia flight from utapo to phuket..

Any reason why??

Yes the reason is:

That route has only ever been flown by Bangkok Airways (with jet prop aircraft), as they stop in Samui which is a private airport owned by Bangkok Airways. So basically the UTP/Samui/PKT route is reserved for them.

• Like 1

I will take a wild guess here and suggest it has something to do with little to no current demand.

I think you will find they are scheduled to resume Jan next year.

Its FD1102 when its running

image.png.1b2cfbc1121947b8b797659155d87613.png

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Can't find an air Asia flight from utapo to phuket..

Any reason why??

Yes the reason is:

That route has only ever been flown by Bangkok Airways (with jet prop aircraft), as they stop in Samui which is a private airport owned by Bangkok Airways. So basically the UTP/Samui/PKT route is reserved for them.

Wrong, both Bangkok Airways and Air Asia formerly had regular flights between Phuket and UTapao, with no interim Samui stop.   I would guess that it's more a case of lack of demand at the moment.   I don't think there is a lot of time distance travelling from Pattaya to Bangkok and flying from/arriving there.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Wrong, both Bangkok Airways and Air Asia formerly had regular flights between Phuket and UTapao, with no interim Samui stop.   I would guess that it's more a case of lack of demand at the moment.   I don't think there is a lot of time distance travelling from Pattaya to Bangkok and flying from/arriving there.

I stand corrected.

• Like 1